Difference between revisions of "Appearance alteration"
Revision as of 18:32, 29 August 2008
Connie Logan alters her daughter's appearance.
|Held by:||Connie Logan|
|Ability to:||Physically alter the appearance of other individuals|
Appearance alteration is the ability to change the skin, hair and vocal cords of another person.
- Connie Logan is the only character known to have this ability.
Connie alters the appearances of others by touch. She is able to mold human skin, hair, and vocal cords at the cellular level. Connie smooths out Penny's face and rebuilds it like someone else's as if it were clay putty in her hands. In addition to the facial features changing, her daughter's hair and eye color are changed, and her voice pattern is altered. The end result is giving her daughter an exact copy of another person's physical appearance except for the clothes she is wearing.
Connie's work in making Penny resemble a teleporter's girlfriend was enough to fool the teleporter and others (Faces, Part 1). According to Connie, the maximum length of time her alterations can hold is 24 hours (Faces, Part 2). However, in the past, "Connie has used her ability in the entertainment industry and gained international fame with her make-up and hairstyling work on high-profile clients (primatechpaper.com). Connie, however, cannot use her ability on herself.
Connie is seen practicing on a human-shaped dummy. It is unclear exactly how or if her ability affects this dummy (Graphic Novel:Foresight).
(Faces, Part 2)
- In an interview conducted by e-mail, writer Mark Sable confirms that it is Penny showering after capturing the Manhattan target, and that the color of her hair changing can be assumed to be caused by her mother's ability.
- Mark also clarifies that, during the initial demonstration of the ability (Faces, Part 1), the hands shown touching Penny's face are Connie's.
- Regarding to what extent the ability could be used, Mark notes that the ability can "change the outward appearance of anyone in pretty much any way, albeit temporarily. That would include [altering] skin color and gender"; and, theoretically, giving a person animal parts as well.
- In addition, Mark notes that Connie's and Penny's natural appearance is not a side effect of the ability.
- For the similar ability to alter the appearance of people and environments through illusionism, please see illusion.