|Also known as||Christine Rose|
|Date of birth||31 January 1951|
|Origin||Lynwood, CA, USA|
Cristine Rose is the American film and television actress who plays Angela Petrelli.
Breaking the triple digits on her IMDb acting list, Cristine Rose is a proven actress. She has ranged in television in the series Ferris Bueller, Grace Under Fire, Party of Five, Charmed, and CSI. She also played a Klingon on Star Trek: The Next Generation and has a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother as "Virginia Mosby". Her filmography includes What Women Want and The Big Split.
Cristine Rose graduated with a degree in Theatre. Early in career, she was solely a stage actress, having starred in Wendy Wasserstein's long-running hit Isn't It Romatic and Richard Foreman's production of Three Acts of Recognition. She has performed at several regional theatres, including the Guthrie Theatre, where she played the Countess in Andre Serban's acclaimed production of The Marriage of Figaro, as well as Yelyena in Uncle Vanya, directed by Garland Wright. Her most recent foray onto the stage was in Charles Mee's A Perfect Wedding, directed by Gordon Davidson as the inaugural production of the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Los Angeles.
Cristine has previously appeared in projects with a number of fellow Heroes cast members, including Greg Grunberg (in Flying Blind), Markus Flanagan (in Cracker), D. Elliot Woods (in Men Behaving Badly), Thomas Dekker (in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids), Stacy Haiduk (in Charmed), Eric Roberts (in C-16: FBI), Nicole Bilderback (in Clueless), Richard Roundtree (in 413 Hope St.), Paula Newsome (in The Lyon's Den), Milo Ventimiglia (in Gilmore Girls), Michael Reilly Burke (in Providence), Rick Peters (in Bull), David Berman (in CSI), Matt Lanter (in Commander in Chief), Kevin Chamberlin, Yareli Arizmendi, and Jeanette Brox (in State of Mind), and with Jayma Mays and Cristine Rose (in Trial & Error).
- Cristine Rose served on the board of Child S.H.A.R.E. (Shelter Homes: A Rescue Effort), a non-profit organization helping to find foster and adoptive homes for children in need.
- Cristine Rose is involved with Stillpoint Resources, a non-profit providing counseling and education to families in crisis.
- According to Greg Beeman, Cristine has known Željko Ivanek since they were teenagers. (source)
- In 2007, Cristine Rose received her Master of Arts degree in theatre with distinction from California State University, Northridge. Cristine Rose's masters thesis centered on the actor's role in American new play development, for which she crisscrossed the country, interviewing 21 accomplished directors and playwrights, including Pulitzer Prize winners Lanford Wilson, Wendy Wasserstein, Lee Blessing, and Donald Margulies.
- Cristine Rose set off to study psychology and sociology at Stanford University, but instead graduated with a degree in theatre.
- Cristine Rose on Wikipedia
- Interview with Cristine Rose, Adrian Pasdar, and Malcolm McDowell at CBR.com, 5/13/2007
- Interview with Cristine Rose at SFX Collection, 8/15/07
- Interview with Cristine Rose at TVGuide.com, 9/25/07
- Audio interview with Cristine Rose at MrMedia.com, 4/13/09