Graphic Novel:From the Files of Primatech, Part 7
|From the Files of Primatech, Part 7|
1991, Part 1
|Released:||May 10, 2010|
|Story by:||Zach Craley|
|Art and colors by:||Ryan Odagawa|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Previous:||From the Files of Primatech, Part 6|
|Next:||From the Files of Primatech, Part 8|
|In 1991, Bob Bishop began a sick series of experiments on his daughter Elle.|
|The Company founders have come a long way since destiny brought them together 30 years ago. In that time, their modus operandi has been questioned, bent, broken, and rebuilt.|
But now Bob Bishop faces perhaps his most difficult mission yet... parenthood.
Elle Bishop plays a video game while drinking a Slusho! at home in Athens, Ohio, at her eight birthday. She becomes irritated with the game and accidentally spills her Slusho! onto her controller, also accidentally manifesting her electrical powers in the process. She triggers a blackout in four counties of Ohio, namely Athens, Hocking, Vinton and Meighs, and her mother yells at her. Eventually, Elle is sent to live with her father Bob Bishop, much to Bob's disdain. While in her father's office, Elle casually plays with a record and accidentally electrifies it. Bob becomes infuriated and holds the record, angrily asking Elle if she knows how many copies of Chris Coolidge's record there are left.
Bob soon tries to convince Elle's mother to take her back, but the woman angrily tells Bob that Elle is his daughter as well and that he has to deal with her. Bob goes to Charles Deveaux for help, and bitterly states that he is not built to be a father. Charles encourages him to get to know Elle and try to have fun with her, which Bob reluctantly agrees to do. Meanwhile Jonas Zimmerman, who has been taking care of Simone and Barbara arrives and delivers the girls to Charles. After Charles and the girls leave, Zimmerman gives Bob the advice to experiment with Elle's power. He reveals that Barbara and "the new boy" have been experimented on and now the extent of their abilities are known. He convinces Bob to do this by telling that Elle could produce limitless clean energy to power up cities. Bob starts to administer tests to Elle to measure her wattage input and output. Bob persistently tries to experiment more and more, disregarding her requests to stop. The machine operator who does not want to do that, at least persuades Bob to stop her crying. While Bob tries to entertain Elle by displaying his power and turning her Slusho! straw into gold, forgets that gold is an excellent conductor and is severely electrocuted by Elle, who runs away during the accident. Bob hopes that Noah Bennet who is assigned to the duty, is better with kids than he is.
- Like its predecessors, From the Files of Primatech, Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, this graphic novel has no Easter Egg.
- In the Season Two episode Four Months Ago..., Elle tells Peter that she caused a blackout in four counties in Ohio, and this graphic novel shows the event happening. In another Season Two episode, Powerless, Noah told Elle about the experiments that her father did to her, which also are shown in this graphic novel.
- The case file in this graphic novel appears to be displayed under Macintosh System 7.
- This graphic novel is the first appearance of Simone, in any Heroes content, since Season One.
- The final speech balloon misuses "then" for "than".
- For images from From the Files of Primatech, Part 7, see images from From the Files of Primatech, Part 7.