List of recurring themes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 23:34, 9 March 2007 by (new theme!)
The following themes and motifs recur throughout the series Heroes:
- Family — "Blood runs thicker than water". Is it always right to put your family first?
- Fate vs. free will — Is a character's future pre-destined, or can they make their own choice to determine the outcome?
- Heroism — Can a character step up and make the right decisions and actions when pressure is upon them?
- Logic vs. emotion — The characters must listen to their hearts or their minds.
- Irrational thinking' — Several characters act before thinking.
- Loyalty vs. treachery — Where do the allegiances of a character lie?
- Moral ambiguity — There is no absolute good or evil character, only "shades of grey". Everyone has their personality flaws and moments of glory.
- Pressure of responsibility — Can a character make the right choices when they are faced with responsibility by others?
- Revenge — The characters face problems, and are hurt. Sometimes, they decide some payback is in order.
- Sacrifice — There are moments when a character must give up what they hold dear (even including their own life) to save others.
- Secrets and deception — Sometimes a lie must be told to protect a character from the truth.