Spoiler:Upon This Rock
|Upon This Rock|
|First aired:||January 4, 2010|
|Written by:||Juan Carlos Coto|
|Directed by:||Ron Underwood|
|Previous spoiler:||The Fifth Stage|
|Next spoiler:||Let It Bleed|
HEROES RETURNS WITH A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR EPISODE - THE SEARCH FOR ANSWERS INTENSIFIES AS FINAL RESPECTS ARE PAID TO A FALLEN HERO - RAY PARK, DAWN OLIVIERI, DAVID H. LAWRENCE XVII AND ELISABETH ROHM GUEST STAR
As Claire (Hayden Panettiere) becomes immersed into the world of the Carnival, she becomes increasingly suspicious of Samuel's (Robert Knepper) motives. Hiro (Masi Oka) is on a mission to rescue one of his own, but has difficulty communicating his intentions to Ando (James Kyson Lee). Samuel has his sight set on Emma (guest star Deanne Bray) and her ability to complete his master plan. Meanwhile, Sylar (Zachary Quinto) returns to the Carnival in search of answers and Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) continues to struggle with the loss of his brother. Elsewhere, H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) sets his plan in motion to take down the carnival. Cristine Rose also stars. Todd Stashwick, Saemi Nakamura, Sasha Pieterse and Dawn Lyen Gardner also guest star.
- 12/16 The ODI -- As Claire becomes immersed in the world of the carnival, she becomes increasingly suspicious of Samuel's motives; Hiro goes on a mission to rescue one of his own; H.R.G. recruits Matt to help him take down Samuel.
- 10/22 The ODI -- Episode 12 is to be titled Upon This Rock
- Hiro will teleport to Balboa or Columbus's ship and help discover America.
- This episode will be Peter-centric, as in the Bible, the apostle Peter is renamed for the rock upon which the church will be built. "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Matt. 16:18)
- This might be a metaphor for Peter starting a new 'company' that this time tries to help people with abilities rather than just bag and tagging them.
- The religious relevance of this is that the Vatican was built on the place where Peter is supposedly buried (St. Peter's Basilica). Since Nathan is the one that is dead, they could be referring to Nathan Petrelli (which also means "rock") and the "...gates of hell" portion could refer to Peter (him being the Vatican in this case) being the one which evil will not prevail against.
- This episode's title refers to Samuel and his ability
- This will be about building Samuel's "community".
- We will also see Tracy Strauss, Noah Bennet and Lauren Gilmore together.
- The Hiro/Charlie arc will get intertwined with the Samuel/Claire arc.
- Edgar will return and take down Samuel only to realize that Samuel had given a sufficient and justifying explanation of the murder of his brother.
- The episode title refers to Hiro teleporting away to some place rocky, trying to save Watson with the help of Scotty, maybe this could have happened some years ago.
- This could be an episode in which there is a rock, or a type of wall, that interposes in between of two or more of the characters' relationships.
- Another terrakinetic will show up to help Noah and the other heroes take down Samuel.
- The title refers to the rocky area where Joseph is buried and the carnival visited at the end of The Fifth Stage, which Samuel thinks is important.
- The 'rock' is the foundation of the new company.