The following fan theories are about Ted Sprague.
For help on adding theories, see the help section.
|Ted was impotent.||None||+ The radioactivity in his body can only have an adverse effect on his reproductive system.|
- Abilities do not appear to have an affect on the individual when the ability is an outward one, such as invisibility or mental manipulation.
|The source of Ted's power is the natural production of deuterium and tritium.||None||+ Ted Sprague's file (from the Heroes 360 experience) suggests this.|
- Deuterium is a stable (i.e. non-radioactive) isotope.
|Ted gave everyone near the Bennets' house cancer and they will all die.||None||+ Ted was emitting large amounts of radiation.|
• It is possible someone will cure them all of their cancer before they die, such as Linderman.
- There is no guarantee that any given amount of radiation exposure will cause cancer.
|Ted's power - or, at least, some parts of it - do not affect things within a certain distance from his body.||Despite releasing enough radiation to burn down the Bennets' house and severely char Claire, Ted's own clothing was undamaged. (Company Man)||• If this is true, Nathan may have survived Peter's explosion simply by being within that radius.|
- If this were true, Ted would not have been able to burn Nurse Jennifer through physical contact. (Nothing to Hide)
|Ted Sprague and Samuel Sullivan are brothers.||None||+ Both their fathers are speculated to be the same man: Adam Monroe.|
|Ted Sprague's power was the ability to emit and control electromagnetism.||None||+ Every one of his known effects can be explained with generating different frequencies of electromagnetic waves.|
|Ted's molecular structure was made up with unstable nuclides of the traditional elements that make up the human body. His ability allowed to initiate chain reactions with these nuclides, ranging from small-scale ones that generated intense heat or large-scale ones that created nuclear explosions.||None||+ This would explain why he always seems to be emitting radiation, whether he wants to or not.|
+ It would also explain why his ability is so difficult to control, certain nuclides are extremely unstable and therefore difficult to contain.
|See Also: 9 • Red • Time travel • Ted Sprague|