Difference between revisions of "User:Climby21023/Ability manipulation"
Revision as of 03:02, 31 December 2009
Arthur takes both the catalyst and STM from Hiro.
|Originally held by:||Arthur Petrelli (deceased)|
|Absorbed by:||Peter Petrelli (lost)|
|Ability to:||Manipulate people's abilities|
Ability manipulation is the ability to absorb people's abilities and implant ability to others through physical contact.
Arthur's ability can allow him to manipulate people's abilities, which mean he can absorb people's ability or implant ability to the others. He can only implant the abilities he absorbed (but ability manipulation cannot be implanted), and the target should be evolved human, because most of the normal people's body cannot accept this great change.
...and drains his ability, causing him to rapidly age...
...until he finally decays and is nothing more than a pile of dust.
(Dying of the Light)
Arthur can now breathe without the aid of a machine.
(Dying of the Light)
Arthur hugs his son, stealing his abilities...
Arthur takes Maya's ability away from her...
...and demonstrates it to Mohinder.
- In special feature "The Writers Forum" found on the Season 3 DVD, writers Tim Kring, Adam Armus, and Aron Eli Coleite reveal that Arthur's ability is a more developed form of Peter's empathic mimicry and they are actually different versions of the same ability.
"You don't have your powers anymore, Peter... Because I have them now."
"I take it all, and leave nothing behind."
"You took my abilities."
"You gave me no choice, son."
"Are they gone forever?"
- For the way in which Sylar steals abilities from others, see Ability theft and Intuitive aptitude.
- For Peter's ability to absorb powers from others, see Empathic mimicry or Ability replication.
- For Linda Tavara's ability to use the abilities of others after killing them, see Aura absorption.
- For Millie Houston's ability to duplicate abilities from others, see Duplication.
- For Rod's ability to absorb abilities, life and memories from others, see Life absorption.
- For SkyNet's ability to learn powers from others, see Super intelligence.