User talk:Desperate July
Hello, Desperate July
|For more help...
Contact an administrator
Or leave a message
Welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you are new to Heroes, you might want to start at the New User Portal.
- If you're not too familiar with editing Wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style.
- If you're ready to get started, Template:Todo lists some ways you can help out.
- Of course, if you have your own idea for a new article, that's great, too.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the Summary field before you save your changes.
- You can set the Wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add ~~~~ or click the signature button.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
Once again, welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Hey, il faut voir ca avec Admin, il saura te renseigner, cependant, toutes les informations sont ici. Pour ma part, je reste sur le wiki anglais car je ne trouve pas ce que je cherche dans la communauté francaise, et, que je hais le doublage :) Vive la VO. A bientôt et bon courage, namaste :) -- (talk) 11:23, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
French Heroes Wiki
- Hi, Desperate July. There is a French version of Heroes Wiki setup at http://fr.heroeswiki.com but it has not been maintained too well so far. If you're interested in working on it and getting it up to date that'd be great. No one is in charge of it yet, but I'm keeping an eye out for hardworking editors who spend a lot of time working on it and who would like to be an administrator over there. (Admin 15:34, 3 August 2007 (EDT))
- Ok, thanks.
So I'll work on it ! Desperate July 18:21, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
Hey, Desperate July. I noticed you made a really cool looking portal on the French wiki. Is it possible to use images that already exist? (Images of the robber, Ando, Claire, Future Peter.) That way, if we update the picture (which will most certainly happen with Claire's image, for instance), then the image will automatically update on the French wiki. If it's a matter of wanting the image to be a different size, that can be easily fixed in the template. Let me know what you think. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 23:10, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
I've uploaded new pictures for this portail (with other names than the ones used on the main wiki) and with partuclar size. So they won't be updated ... I think and I hope lol. Desperate July 04:32, 4 August 2007 (EDT)
- I don't understand--so you don't want them to be updated? You'd rather use outdated images? ... In any case, since the images you uploaded are duplicates, I'll make them redirects to the standard size images. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 08:36, 4 August 2007 (EDT)
- I went ahead and changed the French Heroes Wiki so files can be uploaded specifically to it now. The French wiki was one of the first ones I setup and at the time I thought I was just going to have all the files stored on the English wiki, but that made things a little confusing. So now it's setup where if you refer to an image it will first check the French wiki for that image and if it's not there then it will automatically check the English wiki. That means that when copying articles over you won't need to reupload the images there since it will automatically find them. (Admin 11:56, 4 August 2007 (EDT))
If you could, the two latest images you uploaded need to have sources. I believe they're from a library of icons, so it'd be fine to either a link to where you got them from, or just type in a description. Thanks. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 09:00, 4 August 2007 (EDT)
I don't know where they come from. That's just icons which is employed in wikipedia or lostpedia without link. Sorry. Desperate July 11:35, 4 August 2007 (EDT)
- Well, you could state which they come from--wikipedia or lostpedia.--MiamiVolts (talk) 11:51, 4 August 2007 (EDT)
- I would avoid taking images from Lostpedia or Wikipedia especially images that are used as part of the page layout. Their licenses are not compatible with ours and we don't want our site to look like theirs and use their graphics or layout. It confuses people and is generally looked down upon. Pretty much any image you should need for the French Heroes Wiki should be on the English wiki already. (Admin 11:59, 4 August 2007 (EDT))
Ok I'll try.
I have some difficulties with your type of wiki code. That's why I use with much facilities codes I used to use. However, I didn't use "cartouche ciel" or "vista..." because i didn't want heroeswiki looks like others wikis, too. Desperate July 18:16, 4 August 2007 (EDT)
- I was checking out the French Heroes Wiki and I see some of the templates look they may have come from other sites. All templates on any of the localized Heroes Wiki sites should either be original creations or be copied from the English Heroes Wiki (with the variables translated into the correct language). We can't take templates or information from other sites, it should all either be original or copied/translated from the English Heroes Wiki site. (Admin 15:12, 7 August 2007 (EDT))