User talk:Heroe/Wiki experiments
< User talk:HeroeJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 11:13, 1 April 2007 by
- Your #switch: is malformed. Each option on the switch needs to be laid out with a comparison value and a result. In other words, in between each of the pipes, you need to have something like value = result. Your options for "m", "f", "y", and "n" do not have attached results, so therefore they won't do anything. Look at one of the values from the original template: male=. Your new values need to be laid out like that. Only the last value entry in a switch can skip the equals sign, because it's the default value (if nothing else matches, it uses that one.
- Favorite color doesn't actually do anything yet. If you want to make it print, it needs a label in the first column, and the variable in the second column. Look at one of the simple entries like age for what it should look like.
- You haven't actually changed the display label for "Gender" to "Sex" yet, which makes the jokes kind of weird. "Gender: yes please". :)
- Overall, though, nice job. Your wiki-fu is improving every day!--Hardvice (talk) 23:35, 21 March 2007 (EDT)
- Okay, now you've changed the variable from "gender" to "sex", but not the label.
- You've still got extra entries in your swtich. You don't need the |m|, |f|, |y|, and |n| parts. If you want it to treat "y" as "yes please", then it needs to be |y=yes, please|, not |yes, please=yes, please|--Hardvice (talk) 08:41, 22 March 2007 (EDT)
- You were instructing your nonlinktext to add an extra line. I removed it for you, but you might want to think about forcing a break in some of your longer titles. For instance: Las Vegas<br>Police Department. That way it will force a break where you want it, and avoid a break where you don't want it. — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 13:13, 1 April 2007 (EDT)