|Age||18 years old|
|Favorite sport||ice skating|
|Favorite magazine||The Economist, Rolling Stone|
OBAMA is President!!!!!!!!!!
Hello/Hola/Aloha/Guten Tag/Konichi Wa!
So, my name's Briannon.
I picked my username because I've won 3 spelling bees, and tied a fourth.
I'm new to wikis, and their coding. So, I'm approaching this as another language, like Spanish or something. My approach to learning languages is trying to figure words out based on cognates and context, so, I'm trying to figure the codes out from the other coding done on the page.
- I'm from California's Bay Area, and very glad of it. Cali Pride!
- I'm aligned with the United States Democratic Party. I do not mind differing viewpoints, but please do not try to force them on me. I also sometimes try to figure out what political parties people belong to if they don't state it outright.
- I'm agnostic, borderline atheist, and I don't take kindly to people trying to force religious beliefs on me. Also, I'm very sensitive toward what I perceive as bias toward one religion or another.
- I have a younger brother, who's funny and crazy. He's had a big influence on my life, and interests. I'd rather discuss video games than fashion, for instance.
- I used to ice skate, but I recently had to quit. Similar situation for another activity - I used to play flute as well.
- I am a fan of the X-Men series, which is in many ways what got me interested in this show in the first place.
- I enjoy playing card games, especially solitaire, and all of its variants, especially double and reverse (where you treat A's as K's, and K's as A's.).
- I like to sing a lot, and usually have a random song stuck in my head.
- My favorite band is The Beatles. I especially like the songs Here Comes the Sun and The Long and Winding Road. I'm fond of oldies, and I also have a lot of (punk) rock, and some pop, but not much.
Other TV Shows
I don't have a TV, so I watch all the Heroes episodes the Tuesday after they air, on my laptop. Other shows ...
- The Daily Show
- The Colbert Report
- CSI: NY
- House, M.D. (not so much recently - I prefer the snark to the romance)
- Gilmore Girls
- The Office
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
My Favorite Quotes
- Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
- If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, s/he learns to find love in the world.
- Do, or do not. There is no “try.”
- Climb High, Climb Far, Your goal the Sky, Your aim the Star.
- Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars.
- Be the change you wish to see in the world.
- It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
- Words are silver, but silence is golden.
- Be nice to your children. They’re the ones who pick your nursing home.
- Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
- We can't change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
- You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Being normal is not necessarily a virtue... It rather denotes a lack of courage!
- All the world's a stage, and I just dropped a chandelier on it.
- I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!
- Why haven't you noticed me?! I've been pounding on this window with a sponge for 3 minutes!
- Whoever said that nothing is impossible obviously has never tried nailing jelly to a tree.
- Everybody is somebody’s weirdo.
- Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
- Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
- A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.
- Are we onstage before we enter?
- Seven fifths of all people do not understand fractions.
- In a world full of cheerios, be a fruit loop.
- Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could.
- Quick! A tpyo!
- Democrats really know how to party. Who ever heard of "Pin the tail on the elephant"?
- If I could have a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the entire night sky in the palm of my hand.
- I have a hair dryer, and I’m dangerous.
- Don’t move, or the cheesecake gets it.
- If you die, I will never speak to you again.
- There are 10 kinds of people in this world – those who understand binary and those who don’t.
- You’re never lonely with multiple personalities.
- Procrastinators of the world unite! … tomorrow.
- They’re itty bitty, but they’re capable of greatness.
- 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
- Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
- Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
- The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites’.
- Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Go ahead and hate me for who I am...just don't love me for who I'm not.
- We don't park cars in the middle of our living room.
- The truth? You can't handle the truth! But don't worry, I have oven mitts.
- The vacuum cleaner likes to be part of the family. Besides, it's the closest thing we have to a dog.
- Me gusta correr las hamburguesas con queso y la pizza. (Note: This translates to: I like to run the cheeseburgers and the pizza. Correr is to run, and comer, the verb my bro should've used is to eat. Oops.).