User talk:Heroe/Wiki experiments
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Your #switch: is malformed. Each option on the switch needs to be laid out with a comparison value and a result. In other words, in between each of the pipes, you need to have something like value = result. Your options for "m", "f", "y", and "n" do not have attached results, so therefore they won't do anything. Look at one of the values from the original template: male=. Your new values need to be laid out like that. Only the last value entry in a switch can skip the equals sign, because it's the default value (if nothing else matches, it uses that one.
- Favorite color doesn't actually do anything yet. If you want to make it print, it needs a label in the first column, and the variable in the second column. Look at one of the simple entries like age for what it should look like.
- You haven't actually changed the display label for "Gender" to "Sex" yet, which makes the jokes kind of weird. "Gender: yes please". :)
- Overall, though, nice job. Your wiki-fu is improving every day!--Hardvice (talk) 23:35, 21 March 2007 (EDT)
- Okay, now you've changed the variable from "gender" to "sex", but not the label.
- You've still got extra entries in your swtich. You don't need the |m|, |f|, |y|, and |n| parts. If you want it to treat "y" as "yes please", then it needs to be |y=yes, please|, not |yes, please=yes, please|--Hardvice (talk) 08:41, 22 March 2007 (EDT)
- You were instructing your nonlinktext to add an extra line. I removed it for you, but you might want to think about forcing a break in some of your longer titles. For instance: Las Vegas<br>Police Department. That way it will force a break where you want it, and avoid a break where you don't want it. — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 13:13, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
Season one archives
I like. One thing you might want to try is making the names at the bottom just the names (though I imagine you just did that temporarily). Pictures/quotes on the side are awesome though. Great job.--Bob 23:41, 8 May 2007 (EDT)
- +1 for the bottom names in the template, they aren't easy to read and if the box is named First Season Histories, then you shouldn't have to rewrite it for each char. Anyway, The only thing I don't like is the TOC, it's too ... mhh, not big but since there is nothing on it's right, the entire head of the page seems empty. It may need a first season infobox or I don't know, something to fill in that blank. -- FrenchFlo (talk) 03:19, 9 May 2007 (EDT)
- Add a non-breaking space, or get rid of the darker blue bottom and make the lighter blue bottom rounded (like the theme template). However, I would probably put a link to the timeline at the bottom of the events bar. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 22:45, 22 June 2007 (EDT)