Category talk:Unnamed Characters
Standadized (Un)naming Convention
Okay, many of the unnamed characters have the article name listed as their name ("Armed robber", "Bartender", etc.), some have "Unknown" listed as their name. (Still others have "unknown" and others have the article titled inconsistently ("Beat Cop").)
We need to come up with a standard for naming unnamed characters in their character boxes. Personally, I suggest we put the article's name under "name", and put "Unknown" under "formal name". (see example). Those that have "Unknown" above the picture look really weird to me - it's sort of a title for the box itself, and shouldn't be "Unknown", if you ask me.
The 5 (so far) Unnamed Powered Characters
- There are 5 unnamed Characters (with powers) spoken of in Chandra's Journal that are not listed here yet.
- Unnamed 1 (22yr female) Transportation Palu, Indonesia
- Unnamed 2 (13yr female) Precognition Marabai, Brazil
- Unnamed 3 (male) Tissue Regeneration
- Unnamed 4 (87 yr female) Telepathy Lobatse, Botswana
- Unnamed 5 (polish/russian female) Clairvoyance New Canaan, CT
- Should we add them here on the Unnamed Character List?
- --HiroDynoSlayer (talk) 19:47, 25 January 2007 (EST)
- Well, yes and no. The names are showing up on the List of evolved humans because that's a table. To make them show up in the Category:Unnamed Characters, we have to create articles for each of them, and I'm not comfortable creating articles called "Unnamed 1" unless we have some more information relating to a name. Since these are all from the journal, is there any indication of a name on the pages? Something we can get from a high-definition screencap? --Orne 09:54, 25 January 2007 (EST)
- I see what you mean. The only thing that might make these specific 5 guys worthwhile (over some of the other non-names), is that they do give alot of info about them (except the name), since they show gender, age, power, and location. I don't have high-def capture ability, but my guess is the names were just not listed, otherwise they would have shown up by now. At least we can use the locations and the gender/ages to carefully watch future episodes to see if any of these 'unnamed' people get visited from the regular cast. Then the difficult part comes down to accurately confirming them (as opposed to making a likely guesstimation). --HiroDynoSlayer (talk) 19:47, 25 January 2007 (EST)
- No, even a high-res img of the journal just shows them as "Female" and their age, with anectodal notes from Chandra. And I wouldn't add them as characters. - RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 11:16, 25 January 2007 (EST)