David A. Armstrong
|David A. Armstrong|
|Title||Director of Photography|
David A. Armstrong was the Director of Photography in charge of filming the Heroes webisode, The Recruit.
David A. Armstrong has been behind the camera for many films and a few television series. David has been a camera operator for such films as Witchcraft IV: The Virgin Heart (1992), The Nutty Professor (1996), Nurse Betty (2000) and Carriers (2007); and for episodes of series including "Mann & Machine (1992), Crime & Punishment (1993) and CBS Schoolbreak Special (1996). He was the director of photography / cinematographer for the series of Saw films from Saw I (2004) through Saw V (2008), episodes of the television series Lyric Cafe (2002), and for other films such as Norman and God (1986), Friday Night Blues (1995), John (1998), Tales from the Crypt Presents: Revelation (2001), Skinwalkers (2006), and Kill Theory (2009).
David has also produced a few films including as associate producer for New Suits (2001) and sIDney (2002), and as producer for 2:13 (2008). In addition to cinematography and producing, he has acted as a bouncer in the film Witchcraft IV: The Virgin Heart (1992).
- In 1997, David A. Armstrong won the Mary Pickford Foundation's Cinematography Award. In 1998, David won the Franklin J. Schaffner Fellows Award. Both awards were presented by the American Film Institute.
- In 1999, David won the Heritage Award from the American Society of Cinematographers for his work on the short film John. For the same film and year, he won the Student Academy Award Gold from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences.
- In 2001, he won the Showcase Award from the International Cinematographers Guild for New Suits.
- David Armstrong graduated from Santa Barbara High School (Santa Barbara, CA) with the Class of 1981.
- The first of the Saw series of films won awards from both the Toronto and Sundance film festivals.
- For other uses of David, see David (disambig).