Talk:Battle of Twelve Swords
Title & Style
Can someone a bit better with wiki help me make the title read Battle of Twelve Swords, The?--NissanVersaDootDoot 16:27, 3 October 2007 (EDT)
- The definite article should simply be omitted. It's unnecessary in the article title.--Hardvice (talk) 16:38, 3 October 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks, Hardvice.--NissanVersaDootDoot 16:40, 3 October 2007 (EDT)
12 or Twelve?
- I would tend to favor spelling it out without regard to either source. It's just standard practice to spell out numbers smaller than 100 in text.--Hardvice (talk) 16:39, 3 October 2007 (EDT)
- I'd say so. I almost ignored the Sword Saint spelling when I was referencing it throughout the site and went with the spelled out "twelve", but opted to go with the way it was written in the documentary. But I think episodic subtitles trump 360 flicks. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 16:41, 3 October 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks, guys. Been a while since I've worked on a wiki and I'm still getting back into the style. I saw this battle was a part of Lizards that was pretty much untouched (everyone's excited about Maya and whatnot), so I thought I'd try to work it out. More constructive than the sandbox, but not going to hurt anything if it's a messy stub until I can clean it up.--NissanVersaDootDoot 16:44, 3 October 2007 (EDT)
Event vs. Legend
As of right now, it seems that there is a perception held in the 21st century that the Battle of Twelve Swords was a slaughter. the scene in Lizards goes down much differently. should this be a subsection of the article?
- The Heroes 360 section will focus on the legend part of the battle since Sword Saint portrays it as such. I think that will be sufficient. I'm always wary of making connections and connecting the dots for people. Occasionally it's okay to point out something that might be missed otherwise in a Notes section, but I'd rather report what happened and what was said in episodes and other sources, and let people draw their own conclusions and make their own theories. :) -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 15:49, 7 October 2007 (EDT)