The following fan theories are about Age shifting.
For help on adding theories, see the help section.
|Age shifting is related to shape shifting.
||+ Both abilities allow the user to mimic people who are older or younger than themselves by physically altering the body.|
|Age shifting allows immortality.
||+ Age shifters can control their physical age; it seems likely that they could always just make themselves younger.|
- • It isn't known if they just appear to be younger or if they actually become younger.
- + If age shifting didn't change your physical age, then it would be a very poorly named ability.
- - Even if it does, cells can't divide indefinitely, at some point it would reach the Hayflick limit. Regenerators apart, people's bodies can't keep on.
- • The whole point of abilities is that they defy the laws of biology, chemistry and physics.
- • No, they don't. They are simply part of a different set of biology that results in chemical differences. Their gene allows them to manipulate not defy the laws of physics.
- • If you manipulate something, then it is not as it should be, ie. you are defying its true nature.
+ Certain organisms (such as hydras) are biologically immortal; they do not experience any degradation due to age. Also, a certain species of jellyfish (which is also biologically immortal) is capable of intentionally reverting to a sexually immature state after reaching adulthood. The Russian's DNA may have possessed similar qualities.