I'm the one who changed the plus to a minus on Caitlin being shocked. The original "Caitlin of all the people in Ricky's group is the only one nonplussed over Peter's demonstration of his powers." is from a comment I made elsewhere. Nonplussed means puzzled or confused, so my comment was "Why is Caitlin the only one confused by Peter's demonstration of powers?" while Ricky seems to take it in stride and immediately forms a plan to recruit Peter in a heist. Caitlin being nonplussed/surprised by Peter's powers is a negative. -- FissionChips 09:56, 10 October 2007 (EDT)
- I agree with the intent of the original plus. Your comment was made before "Kindred" aired, where we found out that only Caitlin knew about his powers until he force-choked Will. I think she was a little too calm about Peter's powers. Even when she showed any reaction, she seemed more curious than surprised. The simple fact that she kept his secret from the others is enough to make me suspicious of her.
- Then again, when Ricky did find out, he seemed to take it in stride as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they both have powers, being brother and sister, and they had something to do with what's happened to Peter in the last four months. In all likelihood, the comic is just implying that all Peter needed was love. But hey, this is the theory page. -Clay 10:33, 10 October 2007 (EDT)
- Fair enough. I've massaged the bit about her reaction and added a bit about her keeping Peter's other powers a secret. I think we can agree on those. -- FissionChips 10:43, 10 October 2007 (EDT)
The Great Power Debate
A section provided for the back-and-forth occurring on the theory page.
Hasn't Shown Any
- Caitlin has not exhibited any signs of having a power.
- • That does not mean she doesn't have a power. Angela Petrelli has not exhibited any signs of having a power and yet in an interview it's revealed she does. Ask Ausiello revealed
This could be a note on any non-powered character's theory page. Caitlin hasn't displayed a power and no one has mentioned her as having one in an interview. I think "hasn't shown any" is a legitimate minus until demonstrated otherwise. As wild as theory pages are allowed to be, we should have some sort of criteria for evidence.
- Right. I'm worried that some of the theory pages are becoming discussion pages, which Should Not Happen. The evidence column is for just that: evidence, eithter supporting or refuting the original theory. If there is a volley of ideas on a theory page, they should be combined to one or two pieces of evidence, or removed altogether (and taken to the discussion page). Feel free to trim as needed. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 13:02, 10 October 2007 (EDT)
Has a Power
I think she does have a power because looking through your pictures of the symbol location on sylar's map 3 faces had the symbol drawn on it, one of the faces is Caitlin's (The Theorys page for her has same picture w/o the symbol) --Daveie 10:02, 17 October 2007 (EDT)
- Eh? The "Theorys page for her" doesn't have any pictures; were you referring to a different article? Of the three images from Sylar's map, two are female seen here to the right. Neither look like Caitlin and one of them is in Alaska or Canada. --FissionChips 11:38, 17 October 2007 (EDT)
- Sorry that wasn't clear, I meant when you go to category theories theres a picture for each theory page I noticed the Caitlin one after looking on the symbols on sylars map and thought they looked similar, I've put up the picture of Caitlin to compare (I think she's the bottom one you posted) I might be wrong but the pictures look a bit similar --Daveie 08:42, 18 October 2007 (EDT)
- I think it's pretty unlikely. The pictures on Sylar's map are from waaaay back in One Giant Leap, long before Caitlin was cast or even conceived, and according to the cast and crew, most are just pictures of Heroes staffers. I think it's probably just a coincidence.--Hardvice (talk) 15:04, 18 October 2007 (EDT)