|For more help...
Contact an administrator
Or leave a message
Welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you are new to Heroes, you might want to start at the New User Portal.
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style.
- If you're ready to get started, Template:Todo lists some ways you can help out.
- Of course, if you have your own idea for a new article, that's great, too.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the Summary field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add --~~~~ or click the signature button.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
Once again, welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Deceased at top of infobox
Hi, and welcome to the wiki! :) I noticed you made a lot of changes to the infoboxes on various characters, and just wanted to offer an explnation as to why they were all reverted back to their original states. The infobox is for general information, and meant to give it 'at a glance,' so to speak, so we try to keep them as clutter-free as possible. Things like which version of the formula an evolved human got their powers from shouldn't really be listed there. It really belongs on the formula page, if at all, or in the notes section of the person's page, but right now I think what to do with the formula page is being discussed here. Feel free to voice your thoughts on how it should look, or what information should be included.
- As for adding 'deceased' to the top of the infoboxes, it's an interesting idea, but should probably be discussed, as it's a fairly major change to the site and standards we have here. That's not to say it can't be done, and I don't particularly see a problem with it personally, but it's probably something for the community to consider before implementing. That is not to say that you cannot make changes without getting opinions first, but for major changes I find it best to broach the subject and see what people think before implementing them, as it often saves edits getting undone by others. It is, of course, up to you to decide if you think that's the best approach. For that change in particular, I would suggest bringing it up on a talk page. I'd suggest one of the characters' pages (eg - Nathan), or on the death page, or even on the current characters portal discussion page. To do so:
- go to the page (eg - Nathan)
- click the 'discussion' tab at the top (which will bring you to Nathan's talk page)
- click the '+' tab at the top of that
- type your message (and don't forget to sign by adding 4 tildas (~), or clicking the 2nd to last box above the subject line (in between the crossed out W and the straight line)) to the end of the message)
- preview the message by hitting preview to check for spelling/grammar mistypes and to make sure it reads as you'd like it to
- hit save.
- Usually, within a day or two, you'll get some responses and a discussion started.
- Also, if you need help or advice on anything, feel free to ask. Most of the people here are more than willing to help in any way they can, and we're all still learning (I still ask at least a few questions a week). My talk page is here, so feel free to drop a line anytime, whether it be question, idea, comment, or just to talk. Again, welcome to the wiki! :) --Stevehim 14:07, 23 December 2008 (EST)