|For more help...
Contact an administrator
Or leave a message
Welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you are new to Heroes, you might want to start at the New User Portal.
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style.
- If you're ready to get started, Template:Todo lists some ways you can help out.
- Of course, if you have your own idea for a new article, that's great, too.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the Summary field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add ~~~~ or click the signature button.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
Once again, welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Thanks! -eXplicit 16:42, 31 October 2007 (EDT)
Is it possible for you to enable the changing of usernames? I capitalised the 'X' in my name, but the system automatically capitalised the 'E' too - however I can't change my name. Nothing major, just looks a bit... out of place. Apologies if this is already an option, but the 'my preferences' page will not allow me to do it. Thanks. (eXplicit 16:45, 31 October 2007 (EDT))
- It's been done before. I'm not particularly aware of how to, but I know Admin has done it in the past. So if you wait a bit, he can do it for you.-- 16:49, 31 October 2007 (EDT)
- Ok, thanks! --eXplicit 16:54, 31 October 2007 (EDT)
- Changing usernames is something I have to do at the database level, MediaWiki doesn't provide a user facility for doing it. However the first letter of any article/username will automatically be capitalized. However you can still use User:eXplicit and it will work since it will automatically capitalize it when someone clicks on it. If you still want it changed, let me know. (Admin 17:01, 31 October 2007 (EDT))
- Ok, you're renamed now. (Admin 17:10, 31 October 2007 (EDT))
about the changes
sorry..i'm still trying to get a hold of this thing....everytime i change my page, does it show up on the recent changes?