|For more help...
Contact an administrator
Or leave a message
Welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you are new to Heroes, you might want to start at the New User Portal.
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style.
- If you're ready to get started, Template:Todo lists some ways you can help out.
- Of course, if you have your own idea for a new article, that's great, too.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the Summary field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add --~~~~ or click the signature button.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
Once again, welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Hey there, and welcome to Heroes Wiki! I noticed your edits have all been to the summary for Genesis. Specifically, you removed "When Peter puts his powers to the test, his brother Nathan reveals something Peter never suspected" from the summary several times. I'm not quite sure why--that's a valid part of what happened in Genesis. As well, if you take that sentence out, then Nathan isn't mentioned at all in the summary. If you have a valid reason for removing this sentence, then that's fine--but please state that reason somewhere. Usually we do that in the edit summary bar which is below the editing box. You can also mention it on the talk page if you want. But if there is not a good reason for removing it, kindly refrain from making that same edit over and over again. Thank you. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 01:59, 26 November 2008 (EST)
- I had a feeling it was something like that, where you're just practicing editing. A good place to do that would be at Heroes Wiki:Sandbox, where you can make as many edits as you want, and it won't really affect the rest of the site too much. You can also edit your user page all you want with no serious consequences. We don't encourage practicing editing on "real" pages because people search for that information and it's important that it's always as current and accurate as possible. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help with anything. Thanks! -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 07:58, 26 November 2008 (EST)