Graphic Novel talk:The Caged Bird, Part 2
New graphic novel checklist
|see also current episode and current episode checklist||jump to table of contents|
_X_ Graphic Novel screencap (450x350)
Update/add other articles:
|Update Character pages
_X_ Update Template:PortalGNCharacterNav as appropriate
Add references to appropriate recurring themes:
Add/update disambigs as needed:
Add examples of demonstrated Powers:
Add new powers pages as needed:
___ (list other articles to update here)
- I couldn't quite figure out who's face it is next to the bloody mess. Claire or Daphne? Martijnvs 03:51, 2 December 2008 (EST)
- From what i understand, it's claire. her hair looks the same in the previews for the eclipse part 2. i haven't seen the actual episode though. but that is definitely hayden panettiere. - Tristan0709 03:59, 2 December 2008 (EST)
It says "Wichita, Kanas" in the first page. I presume it was a typo and means Kansas, but then, why is it Wichita? Haven't we established in The Eclipse, Part 1 that The Millbrooks' home was in Lawrence, KS? Radicell 06:24, 2 December 2008 (EST)
There's quite a bunch of new characters/places in this GN. The characters have been listed in red-links in the appearances, while the new places include
- Paris hotel (don't we already have one of these?)
- Paris market
I don't know if there are precedents, but the following were only seen in one frame, so should we have place pages for them?
- Florist shop
- Great Wall of China
- Homeless tent village (Paris)
- Taj Mahal
Radicell 07:51, 2 December 2008 (EST)
- I started a new page yesterday featuring the places Daphne has visited here: List of Daphne's travels. We may still want to create location pages; but at least it's a start and shows all of the exotic places she's been to; especially the cool locations featured in this GN. --HiroDynoSlayer (talk) 12/3/2008 08:17 (EST)
While reading this GN, I noticed that there was a discrepancies concerning the timeline of the events that occurred. Below is the timeline for part 1 & 2:
- Sept 2006: Mrs. Millbrook dies of cancer. (extrapolated from the fact the funeral was held on the first of October.)
- Oct. 1, 2006: A funeral is held for Daphne's mother.
- Daphne discovers her ability
- Thompson visit the Millbrooks' home, he tries to convince Daphne to come with him but she refuses.
- Daphne gets into an argument with her father.
- Oct. 2, 2006: Daphne goes off to see the world. (date based off the fact that the GN implies that Daphne left before Thompson come backs to the house, which he was suppose to do the day after Oct. 1.)
- Three months later [January 1, 2006]: Daphne arrives in Paris after traveling all over the world.
- Two weeks later [January 15, 2006]: Daphne meets Samir and starts to work for him.
- Nine months later [Oct. 2007]: Daphne has returned home and reconciles with her father.
The part that I have trouble with is the last bullet item of the above list. The GN states that 9 months after she started working for Samir, she went home. However, the events that occur in that time period of the GN [Daphne going home, reconciling with her father] are the same events that occur in The Eclipse, part 2, which from what the timeline on this site states, occurred on March 28, 2007.
So, which of these can be considered right, the date in the GN or the date on the timeline featured on this site? JoyaOscura 06:39, 10 December 2008 (EST)
- Sign your posts, please. Also, perhaps this happened.
- Oct 1, 2006: Thompson comes to the Millbrooks' home.
- Five months later, Thompson returns to the Millbrooks' home and offers Daphne to come with him, and Daphne gets into the argument with her dad.
- This would put Daphne's return at March 2007 and in sync with The Eclipse, Part 2. What I'm stating is that perhaps the day that Thompson first came and the day that Thompson offered Daphne to leave with him are different. Radicell 07:12, 10 December 2008 (EST)
- That suggestion doesn't fit because the argument happened in the beginning of the GN and time stamp for that scene says Oct. 2006, not March 2007. Besides, the scene I was having problems reconciling with canon, is the one that occurred in the last page of the novel. It appears that the last scene of the novel takes place a year after the first scene of the GN. Yet Daphne is wearing the same outfit as what she was wearing in The Eclipse, part 2 and the GN explicitly states that Matt helped Daphne settle her differences with her father.
- So am I suppose to conclude that the last scene took place in the future, after the Heroes have been running for their life or was it some mistake on the part of writer of the GN?
- Then again, in The Eclipse, part 2, the corn in the field of the Millbrooks' farm was harvestable, since Hiro was able to take them off the stalks and throws them at Matt. Which would then mean that scene took place in the Autumn due to the fact that is the only time corn can be harvested.
- If that's the case, then wouldn't that mean that the timeline on the site is wrong?
- PS: Sorry for not signing the post before; I must have forgotten. JoyaOscura 17:31, 10 December 2008 (EST)