Interview talk:Into the Wild
Into the Wild Interview
Hey everybody! On Tuesday evening (September 16), I'll be interviewing Timm Keppler and Jim Martin, the writers of the Into the Wild series. (Yep, all 30 pages!) Feel free to submit some questions below. Thanks, y'all! -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 22:03, 10 September 2008 (EDT)
- And it's being done by e-mail.--MiamiVolts (talk) 15:37, 11 September 2008 (EDT)
- September 15 is a Monday. Josh 21:07, 13 September 2008 (EDT)
- Get your last minute questions in...I'm sending these off around 11 pm EST! -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 20:50, 16 September 2008 (EDT)
- Timm and Jim are very very busy writing the next set of webisodes right now. They promise they'll answer the questions, but I don't think we'll get our responses tomorrow. :) -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 22:17, 17 September 2008 (EDT)
- That's cool news. Good luck guys.--MiamiVolts (talk) 23:34, 17 September 2008 (EDT)
Questions for Timm and Jim
- According to the assignment tracker map, Penny is 24 years old. (It says, "At only 24, she is a highly trained agent for her age.") However, Connie, who was born on June 22, 1963 (according to her AT 2.0 profile), said she was 22 when Penny was born (Into the Wild, Part 2). This would place Penny's birth in 1985 or 1986, making Penny turn 24 in 2009. Does that mean that from Root and Branch onward, the story takes place in 2009 (the 2009 that occurs before Future Peter comes back and alters history in Season 3)?
- When was it decided who Evs Dropper was going to be? Did Mark Sable know Connie's backstory when he wrote Faces or when Connie's assignment tracker profile was written?
- How far in advance was Into the Wild written? Did you consider having Connie use her ability in an offensive manner, such as to seal Thompson, Jr.'s mouth shut? For the battle in the woods, why didn't Connie give any of the other clones altered appearances?
- So when did Connie join the Company? Her AT profile says that Penny brought her in, but did Connie know about the Company before Penny was born? Did Gael participate in covering that up?
- Was "Logan" Julien Dumont's alias or someone else altogether? Why do Connie (and Penny) use the last name Logan instead of Julien's last name? Is Julien still suspected of thievery by the law?
- Did Connie really marry a clone, or the root Julien? Was Connie's husband actually killed on a Company mission, or in testing as Gael said? Something did happen to her husband. What happened?
- Where exactly is Evs Dropper's cabin? Where is the bridge located where the explosion happens?
- When were the characters of Donahue and Perez created? Were they from the character profiles created by Peter Steigerwald before this summer? Are there any future plans for them?
- Where did the driver and red SUV go after dropping off Sabine and the root Dumont? They aren't shown among Evs's caravan in Part 2.
- The people in the background at the start of part 2, is one of them agent 1 out of the webisodes?
- Agent Donahue and Agent Perez were both introduced in the Assignment tracker map, any chance of seeing some of the others from the map? Perhaps some of the Verified Tips?
- Why did you choose the title Into the Wild?
What is the significance of Connie's gun being US military?
- Did Donna (or someone that looked like Donna) that hit Thompson, Jr. in the face with her gun in Into the Wild, Part 2?
Who exactly is "the package"? Why the codename?
- Is "the package" supposed to be the Root Julien's child or a clone's child? If the Root's, did Sabine really sleep with the Root Dumont or was Sabine implanted using invitro-fertilization? When was "the package" conceived/implanted?
- Did Gael and Bianca really get "the package"? Is it possible Penny and Sabine switched places and clothes and it's really Penny riding away with them at the end?
- Was Penny really the Root Dumont's child? Why are Gael and Bianca certain that "the package" will have an ability when Penny had none? Do they know for sure that the baby will have a cloning-type ability and not something else?
- Donna's necklace appears and disappears multiple times in this novel series... were there more than two Donna's depicted in this novel series or was that "magic necklace" just the artist's oversight?
- Was Mr. Thompson's first name also Eric? Is "Jr." part of Thompson, Jr.'s full name (ie. Eric Thompson, Jr.) or was the "Jr." in "Thompson, Jr." just a nickname?
- Are there any future plans for any of the characters featured in the Evs Dropper story arc from this summer?
- To add to the question about the GN characters, do you know if tptb will still give the fans an opportunity to vote for which GN characters will appear on the show (supposedly at the end of the summer - not including the ones who are already scheduled to appear - Echo, Daphne, The German...), as it was described in this SciFi Wire article? Also, did the selection of the winning submission for the Choose Penny's Face feature have any effect (if at all) on the storyline for the conclusion of Into The Wild?
Will Penny's alias/new face only be used in that third part of the series, or will she be in any future graphic novels?(Nevermind about that last one; I see that only the winning face was used, and not the alias - screenshot w/ requisite flickr link.) New follow-up question since the previous query is moot - what was the plan for Penny's new alias, had she been given one? Did Connie's ability "evolve" so that she could now transform flesh to look like a nose-ring? ;) Just kiddin' about that last one... If you can, can you share any tidbits about the future pods of webisodes? Oh, random question, do any of you prefer any particular term for a "HEROES fan" (I kinda like 'ROESian... :D)? Well, thank you for taking the time for this interview (this is HERΟ at 9thW, by the way - and thanks, Jim, for helping others by posting about the webisodes over at 9thW, too!) and for helpin' to create this HEROES goodness! Take care! 'ROESian
- Jim, you co-wrote the Going Postal webisodes along with Yule Caise.
- Did you participate in writing all 3 parts? How did you communicate with Yule during the writing process? Was the co-writing experience with Yule much different than with Timm?
- Were you on the set while they filmed the Going Postal webisodes? When were these webisodes filmed? Did Yule consult with you on the Going Postal graphic novel?
- Can you tell us when the Going Postal webisodes take place in the Heroes timeline?
- With 30 pages of very dense, plot-filled, character-building story, I probably won't have much space to ask about anything other than Into the Wild. Plus, only Jim wrote Going Postal--though, on a side note, both Timm and Jim are writing the next set of webisodes, even as we speak. :) -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 07:34, 11 September 2008 (EDT)
- Right before Season 3 begins.  Josh 00:01, 13 September 2008 (EDT)
- Jim and Timm, you are both listed as writers of graphic novels to appear in the upcoming Heroes graphic novel collection, Volume 2. Do you know of any last minute additions or corrections were made to your novels for this new volume?
- In the scene with the DOA agents in Part 3, there are five bodies, but only four named agents. Agents Harding, Brooks and Ryan are easy to identify, but which body is Agent Shell, who is the fifth body, and what is the reason that one of the bodies appears to be transparent? Pierre 10:48, 16 September 2008 (EDT)
- Early on in the summer, Donna's death was foreshadowed. This made me wonder, is there a planned timeline for the summer?
- Was it dificult to include all of the summer's main characters in the three part series?
- Isaac Mendez painted a picture showing Donna Dunlap with a Primatech badge on, and presumably dead, however she is killed by an explosion that would have at the very least deformed her in some way. What does the painting imply? --ChrisTobias 21:44, 16 September 2008 (EDT)
- Where is Evs Dropper's cabin?