Mr. Shaw uses his power to repel Chandra Suresh away.
|Held by:||Mr. Shaw (deceased), |
Mr. Taylor (deceased),
|Ability to:||Emit shockwaves|
Seismic burst is the ability to emit a shockwave that is able to repel another person away.
- Mr. Shaw had this ability. (1961)
- Mr. Taylor also had this ability. (Shadowboxing)
- A repairman possessed this ability. (The Wall)
Mr. Shaw emits a shockwave...
...and blasts him backwards.
A repairman invokes his ability...
- This ability has only ever been exhibited in black-and-white flashback sequences. Interestingly, all users of this ability were shot dead moments after its sole demonstration. Also, two of the users of this ability (Mr. Shaw and Mr. Taylor) have used it to protect their daughters, and both times their daughters survived to become mentally unstable later in the future. Two users (Mr. Taylor and the repairman) were killed by the same person.
- For the similar ability to repel another person away through a sound blast, see sound manipulation.
- For the similar ability to forcibly move another person, see telekinesis.
Please refer to Theory:Seismic burst for fan-created theories and other speculation.