|For more help...
Contact an administrator
Or leave a message
Welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you are new to Heroes, you might want to start at the New User Portal.
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style.
- If you're ready to get started, Template:Todo lists some ways you can help out.
- Of course, if you have your own idea for a new article, that's great, too.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add --~~~~ or click the signature button.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any fanmade content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:Fathomer/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Hi, Fathomer. You recently created two new articles (canned food and Deputy Gill's gun). Both of these articles were deleted on the account that they are not considered very significant. Ultimately, they are cruft. Before creating another similar article, please check with the community (the community portal talk page is a good place for that kind of discussion) to see if there is consensus to create an article about seemingly insignificant items. Or better yet, create the articles in your user namespace (User:Fathomer/Deputy Gill's gun, for instance) and then nominate it to be moved into the main namespace. If you need me to clarify anything or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 11:15, 27 April 2010 (EDT)
- Actually, it was "Frozen meat". And I don't understand how they're insignificant -- they've been featured onscreen on Heroes, and this is a wiki about all things Heroes... isn't it? And thanks for the pointer about the user-space, that might help. Still could you explain why they're considered "cruft"? Fathomer 08:06, 28 April 2010 (EDT)
- Hello Fathomer, I just wanted to come and say my opinion in between, cause there have been moments I'd wished we created articles for everything, be object, person or concept, in Heroes. However Heroeswiki is not exactly an encyclopedia or catalogue that would have articles for each and every thing in the Heroesverse. If so, we would need to have articles for Wildcats Cheerleaders, Zach's bicycle, Zach's video camera, Peter's stethoscope, Mohinder's umbrella, Nirand's umbrella, Chandra Suresh's laptop, Niki's video camera, Niki's laptop, Micah's pinhole camera and this list would go like forever. If Heroeswiki would be so, than we would have a really big burden of identifying each and every object, concept and sight in the Heroesverse (also be it in an episode, gn or iStory etc.) and that's really a huge task. As I also came to understand with time when I first started editing, there is a concept of relevancy here in HW. It's not a statistical site but a fan site actually, best fan site I would call as it has quite rational conceptions and ways to present things onsite. You know, there are in-universe things and also real world things such as the crew and cast etc. So, the concept of relevancy is important. We can't list everything with their own articles but HW has its own style to do that, some things are listed and included within more relevant articles and some very detailed things are on subpages of the users. I've wished before and also some other users to use this site to mention everything Heroes and subpages and links exist for such kind of things, see here. Friendly, -- 09:53, 28 April 2010 (EDT)