|First aired:||October 19, 2009|
|Directed by:||Jim Chory|
|Previous spoiler:||Hysterical Blindness|
|Next spoiler:||Strange Attractors|
Under Samuel’s (Robert Knepper) guidance, Sylar (Zachary Quinto) starts on a path to rediscover his true identity. Hiro (Masi Oka) helps Emma (guest star Deanne Bray) accept and understand the great possibilities that go along with having an ability. Meanwhile, Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) enlists Noah Bennet (Jack Coleman) to help him find a healer who can save Hiro’s life. Hayden Panettiere also stars. Mark L. Young also guest stars.
8/7 - Episode title confirmed
- This will be a Matt Jr.-centric episode, hence the title.
- Matt Jr. will die this episode, which will make his father like one of his future incarnations.
- Tabula Rasa means: The mind before it receives the impressions gained from experience. (online dictionary), The episode will be featured around Nathan Petrelli (a.k.a Sylar) as he begins to regain his memories/expiriences from the past.
- Tabula Rasa is an episode of LOST and it means Blank Slate. It could mean that one of our characters (possibly Nathan/Sylar) not having a full slate of powers like we knew Sylar had before he became Nathan.
- It's also the name of an episode from BtVS, when everyone lost their memory from a spell gone awry.
- Gretchen will have her memories erased by the Haitian in this episode.
- Matt will erase his own mind to free himself of Sylar.
- Noah, feeling irrelevant towards Claire will have the Haitian take her memory from her, Gretchen nagging about her ability, frightened herself.
- This will be a Sylar-centric episode due to the fact he now doesn't remember anything.
- Peter will be shot by the Healer when trying to recruit him with Noah. However, Peter will regenerate without the healer's help (Peter had hugged Claire a few episodes earlier). This will mark the beginning of Peter's progression back to an Empath because he is trying to help Hiro.