|First aired:||February 1, 2010|
|Written by:||Adam Armus |
|Directed by:||Allan Arkush|
|Previous spoiler:||The Art of Deception|
|Next spoiler:||Brave New World|
Sylar's worst fears come to life as H.R.G. faces his past - Eric Roberts, Madeline Zima, Deanne Bray and Elisabeth Rohm guest star -- Fueled by his vision of Emma (guest star Deanne Bray) in grave danger, Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) attempts to rescue Sylar (Zachary Quinto) from his worst nightmare. At the carnival, Samuel (Robert Knepper) reveals H.R.G.'s (Jack Coleman) secret past in order to bring Claire (Hayden Panettiere) to his side. Meanwhile, Lauren (guest star Elizabeth Rohm) makes a bold move to put a stop to Samuel. Sendhil Ramamurthy also stars. Ashley Crow, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Harry Perry, and Todd Stashwick also guest star.
- This is reference to Pink Floyd's 1979 album "The Wall". For the album's overriding themes are based upon the causes and implications of self-imposed isolation which could mean that all the carnies leave the carnival therefore leaving Samuel alone and angry.
- This may also refer to these feelings that will exist inside of Peter. This would also cause more of a contrast to his original state, making it more similar to the "break down" featured in The Wall.
- As the term "hitting the wall" refers to the athletic types where they will have to go through loss of energy, this episode will base around Edgar.
- Edgar will die in this episode.
- This title refers to a character who has to pass through a relatively impenetrable wall.
- Samuel will murder Lauren.
- The title refers to a mental block that Matt places to keep Sylar trapped in his own mind.
- The Haitian will go to The carnival and block everyone's abilities, while Peter and Sylar go to kill Samuel. It will be similar to Our Father.
- The Haitian will go to The carnival where he will persuade Damian to look through Noah's memories and help to save him.