It's a shame...
- ... because this could have really helped clear up some naming issues we have. They only showed us powers we already know...--
04:11, 19 December 2008 (EST)
- On the contrary, it explicitly gave us the name to space-time manipulation (which is something the site originally made up) and solved the old cryokinesis-freezing argument.--Tim Thomason 07:20, 19 December 2008 (EST)
Is it really necessary...
Is anyone else surprised by the people he turned in? I would've expected him to give The President files about random guys or dudes like Knox and Flint, but he gave up Tracy, Micah, Mohinder, Matt, and Hiro! I mean, he slept with Tracy, he slept with Micah's mother and knew how much she cared about him, he teamed up with Matt for most and the second season and was friends with Hiro! Mohinder I understand for what happened between them during S3, but still! --DLHawk 13:50, 19 December 2008 (EST)
- What's not surprising is that, true to form, a file called "Nathan Petrelli" was conspicuously missing. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 15:39, 19 December 2008 (EST)
Did anybody else notice the picture of the man in the sunglasses? You don't get a name, and all you really see is the top of his face, and a sky background. I don't recognize him, but does anybody here recognize him?
on the nbc.com/heroes site, going to 42:05-42:08 in the "Dual" episode lets you see what I'm talking about. My best guess is that is a new character that we get to meet next season. --Powerisal
- You mean this? ----Thats Matt Parkman. -- 12:17, 20 December 2008 (EST)
What type of files are they?
I was just wondering, are these files of just evolved humans if that's the case Mohinder might in fact have an ability and it didn't go when he was washed with the formula (my theory) or is it evolved humans and scientists that have studied them, just a thought. --laughingdevilboy 15:25, 26 December 2008 (EST)
- They're probably something akin to the files the Company keeps on bagged and tagged, personnel and employees. Intuitive Empath - Talk - Contributions 15:31, 26 December 2008 (EST)
Files contain exerpts from Heroes Wiki?
If it really is true that the details seen in the people's files seen here contain pieces of text from Heroes Wiki, is it likely that Heroes Wiki was the source of the names for Tracy and Hiro's abilities as well? We had debates over whether the freezing ability was called Freezing or Cryogenesis. Well, since the article was changed from the latter to the former over the months, is it possible that in an attempt to canonize the title of the ability, the production staff of the show canonized what we thought the ability should be called based on what we decided the article of the ability was called? Essentially, we could take another ability that may appear on the show that is not named specifically in the show, like Mental manipulation or Melting, if those characters have a file in Volume Four, could the prop designers on the show use the articles as a reference for their abilities and list was we here at Heroes Wiki use as names as the actual canon names in the series. Its almost cyclical. Sorry if that's ranting... --TraverseTown 18:39, 28 December 2008 (EST)
- Yes, all of that is very possible, and very probable. The writers frequently use Heroes Wiki as a resource. This was not the first time that a descriptive name that we had was used as the "real" name in a canon or near-canon source. We gave Sylar's power the name "intuitive aptitude" after a lot of discussion (see here for the initial suggestion of it by Hardvice), and it was eventually listed in Sylar's assignment tracker profile. Things like that have happened on many occasions. Yeah, it's kind of cyclical...but it also emphasizes the importance of being exact in our articles and not allowing mistakes to creep in. :) -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 20:56, 28 December 2008 (EST)
rename to "Target's files"
Since the files are no longer in either Nathan or the President's possession; but are part of the Building 26/Danko's team project related to capturing Targets, and in (Shades of Gray) we find Danko with Angela's file...we should probably rename this page to be more generic...the files aren't really Nathan's but belong to the project. --HiroDynoSlayer (talk) 03/18/2009 10:20 (EST)
- "Target's files" implies that the files belong to a target, or someone named Target. I'm not sure why that would be a desirable name change for the files. --Radicell 10:23, 18 March 2009 (EDT)
- Is there a generic name for this department that Nathan has...other than Building 26 or Danko's team...because the actual Homeland Security department that Nathan is running is who they belong to. Have we given it an official sounding name? --HiroDynoSlayer (talk) 03/18/2009 10:27 (EST)