User talk:Mercury McKinnon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hello, Mercury McKinnon
|For more help...
Contact an administrator
Or leave a message
Welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you are new to Heroes, you might want to start at the New User Portal.
- If you're not too familiar with editing Wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style.
- If you're ready to get started, Template:Todo lists some ways you can help out.
- Of course, if you have your own idea for a new article, that's great, too.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the Summary field before you save your changes.
- You can set the Wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add ~~~~ or click the signature button.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
Once again, welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Supporting Character Status
- I think moving Janice to Supporting is a good idea, and Tina hasn't been around for a while, but there's more to it than changing the Index template. The actor's category needs to be changed, and Portal:Supporting and Portal:Recurring need to be changed for both actors and roles so everything matches up.--Hardvice (talk) 19:24, 8 February 2007 (EST)
- Hi, there, Mercury McKinnon. I noticed you are removing some characters from the Index that you don't feel are supporting characters. Unfortunately, they are listed at Portal:Supporting Characters, and their acting counterparts are listed at Portal:Supporting Cast, and these should all match. Right now, a supporting character is not defined as whether or not they know about a character's powers (and actually, Janice does know about Matt's powers, and I assume Linderman knows about many of the evolved humans' powers, too). If you'd like to talk about changing this definition, you can add to the discussion here before making far-reaching changes. Thanks for understanding! :) — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 19:27, 8 February 2007 (EST)
...for expanding the timelines. --Bob 15:12, 23 April 2007 (EDT)
- I echo that. It looks like you spent a huge amount of time making dates correct, fixing odd wording, and just generally making it look nice. A lot of people have really been working hard on the timelines (you and Bob in particular). Thanks! — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 20:23, 23 April 2007 (EDT)
- Hi there. You're both welcome, but there's a whole lot more to be done before the timelines and most other articles here are up to the level of quality we should aim for. Keep up your own good work as well. --Mercury McKinnon 07:34, 25 April 2007 (EDT)