- The first prepared shoting (unaired episode) which is 72 minutes long, is shortened and the plot is a little changed to give the new pilot; In His Own Image. This will be declared and given only after the end of the first season, with the original Season 1 DVD.
- NBC.com releases the first preview video of Heroes - a four minute clip.
- A promotional flash animation: Claire & the Cat, appears at Tim Sale's website. It is a preview of what Heroes will look like. The animation is composed of 15 drawings by Tim Sale. The animation shows us a young Claire, a cat, a truck driver then Hiro and mentions a Mr. Isaac.
- Heroes Brasil (17), the first Heroes blog opens.
- Comicbookresources.com "CBR" (18), posts a review about Heroes.
Before June 18
- Jesse Alexander (XXVII), joins the crew as a Writer and a Co-executive Producer.
- Therefore, we have his website; The Global Couch (20).
- Ruth Ammon (XXVIII) joins the crew as the Production Designer. (June 14)
- Allan Arkush (XXIX), joins the crew as a Director and an Executive Producer.
- Adam Armus (XXX), joins the crew as a Supervising Producer.
- Greg Beeman (XXXI), joins the crew as a Director and an Executive Producer.
- And thus, we also have Greg's website; Beaming Beeman (21).
- Natalie Chaidez (XXXII), joins the crew as a Writer and a Co-executive Producer.
- Jim Chory (XXXIII), joins the crew as a Producer.
- Aron Coleite, becomes the Co-Producer.
- Kay Foster (XXXIV), joins the crew as a Supervising Producer.
- Bryan Fuller (XXXV), joins the crew as the Consulting Producer.
- Michael Green (XXXVI), joins the crew as a Writer and a Co-executive Producer.
- Lakshminarayanan Shankar (XXXVII), joins the crew as the Vocalist. He's generally known as Shenkar.
- It is announced that the cast of Heroes would be visiting the Comic-Con at San Diego on July 21 and 22, also showing the un-cut pilot episode. (June 17)
- Heroes' pilot called Genesis will premiere on 25th September 2006. (tv.com) (Actually In His Own Image is again shortened and changed to give Genesis.)
- Queen TV (22), a blog, publishes with full details, the first synopsis of the first version of the pilot, which is two hours long. You can read it here: Part 1, Part 2. From here we learn that Nathan was first named Harrison, his mother; Alice and Simone; Stella.
June 21 or before
- Youtube (23) posts a video clip from the show, showing Claire (Hayden Panettiere) attempting suicide. We see the image from a camcorder that a male teenager is shooting of her. Claire climbs up what looks like a metal bridge and then “accidentally” falls off it from a great distance. The boy runs over but Claire gets up, perfectly fine, says her name (Claire Bennet) to the camera, and informs us that this was “attempt #6¨.
The video later becomes unavailable from youtube due to a copyright claim by NBC Universal.
- The Internet Movie Database, releases the up-to-date cast for Heroes. The extra information follows:
We learn that the characters played by Tawny Cypress, Greg Grunberg and James Kyson Lee will be called; Simone Deveraux, Matt Parkman and Ando Masahashi respectively. The new cast comprises of;
- Actually, this is a wrong (past) information. The correct cast is written below, at the overview.
- TV without Pity Forum (24) posts the official press release for the cast of Heroes appearance at the 2006 Comic-Con international:
|NBC'S HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED NEW DRAMA SERIES 'HEROES' TO HOLD EXCLUSIVE PILOT SCREENING AND Q&A PANEL WITH CAST AND PRODUCERS AT COMIC-CON
WHAT: Comic-Con International 2006 fans will be the first to watch an exclusive 72-minute special cut of NBC'S 'Heroes' pilot episode, created just for the annual event in San Diego. Debuting this fall on Mondays at 9-10 p.m. ET, 'Heroes' chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover that they possess extraordinary abilities.
As a total eclipse casts it shadow across the globe, we follow a genetics professor (Sendhil Ramamurthy) in India whose father's disappearance leads him to uncover a secret theory - there are people with super powers living among us. A young dreamer (Milo Ventimiglia) tries to convince his politician brother (Adrian Pasdar) that he can fly. A high school cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere) learns that she is totally indestructible. A Las Vegas stripper (Ali Larter), trying to make ends meet to support her young son (Noah Gray-Cabey), uncovers that her mirror image has a secret. A prison inmate (Leonard Roberts) mysteriously finds himself waking up outside of his cell. A gifted artist (Santiago Cabrera), whose drug addiction is destroying his life and the relationship with his girlfriend (Tawny Cypress), can paint the future. A down-on-his-luck beat cop (Greg Grunberg) can hear peoples' thoughts, including the secrets of a captured terrorist. In Japan, a young man (Masi Oka) develops a way to stop time through sheer will power. Their ultimate destiny is nothing less than saving the world.
WHO: Following the screening, cast members Ali Larter ('Final Destination'), Greg Grunberg ('Alias'), Milo Ventimiglia ('Gilmore Girls'), Hayden Panettiere ('Ice Princess'), Sendhil Ramamurthy ('Blind Guy Driving'), and Masi Oka ('Scrubs'); creator/executive producer Tim Kring; executive producer Dennis Hammer; co-executive producer/comic book writer Jeph Loeb ('Lost,' 'Superman for All Seasons') and legendary comic book artist Tim Sale ('Batman: The Long Halloween') will participate in a Q&A session. Limited edition Heroes comic books, created by Tim Sale, will be distributed at the screening to fans who receive a special pin at the 'Heroes' booth.
In addition, 'Heroes' will have a booth set up on the convention center floor during the entire run of Comic-Con International 2006. At this booth, cheerleaders will be handing out exclusive 'Heroes' collector pins and other limited edition items.
WHEN: Friday, July 21, 2006 at 12:30 ' 2:00 p.m. (Screening/Q&A)
WHERE: Comic-Con International 2006 ' San Diego Convention Center
111 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 &mddot; Screening/Q&A will take place in Room 6CDEF &mddot; Booth activities will take place in Booth 3912
SYNOPSIS: From NBC Universal Television Studio comes the epic saga 'Heroes,' which chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities.
- GargylovesWolfy, a HeroesTheSeries Forum member, who has seen the pilot, posts a review -- one containing a lot of spoilers -- at the forum. You can read it here. She provides us almost with the entire synopsis of the pilot. (We learn later that it's actually the unaired episode.)
- NBC.com releases a video of 2 minutes Behind the Scenes.
- Spoiler pictures of Claire from pilot, are released to the HeroesTheSeries Forum.
People or Companies
- Tim Kring
- The Crew
- The Cast
- NBC Universal Media Studios
- Tailwind Productions
- Aspen MLT Comics
- Tim Sale's website
- The Global Couch
- Beaming Beeman
- Heroes Brasil
- Comicbookresources.com "CBR"
- HeroesTheSeries Forum
- the Futon Critic
- Queen TV
- TV without Pity Forum
The Series Crew
- Tim Kring, the Creator, the Writer and an Executive Producer
- Tim Sale, the Artistic Consultant
- Dennis Hammer, an Executive Producer
- David Semel, the Director and an Executive Producer
- Jeph Loeb, the Co-executive Producer
- Skip Beaudine, a Producer.
- Lori Motyer, the Co-producer.
- Burk Sauls, the Colourist
- Dave Stewart, the Colourist
- Cesar Lemus, the Storyboard Artist.
- Michael Budge, the Art Director.
- Debra McGuire, the Costume Designer.
- Lori Madrigal, a Special Effects Makeup Artist.
- Ian Quinn, a Stunt Coordinator.
- Wendy Melvoin, a Music Composer.
- Lisa Coleman, a Music Composer.
- Walter Eckert, the Art Department Coordinator.
- Glenn Hetrick, a Special Effects Makeup Artist.
- Greg Solomon, a Special Effects Makeup Artist.
- Steve Schriver, a Stunt Coordinator.
- Jesse Alexander, a Writer and a Co-executive Producer.
- Ruth Ammon, the Production Designer.
- Allan Arkush, a Director and an Executive Producer.
- Adam Armus, a Supervising Producer.
- Greg Beeman, a Director and an Executive Producer.
- Natalie Chaidez, a Writer and a Co-executive Producer.
- Jim Chory, a Producer.
- Aron Coleite, the Co-Producer.
- Kay Foster, a Supervising Producer.
- Bryan Fuller, the Consulting Producer.
- Michael Green, a Writer and a Co-executive Producer.
- Shenkar, the Vocalist.
The Graphic Novel Crew
- Aron Coleite, the Graphic Novel Writer
- Michael Turner, a Graphic Novel (GN) Artist
- Koi Turnbull, a GN Artist
- Mark Roslan, the GN Digital Inker
- Peter Steigerwald, a GN Colourist
- David Moran, a GN Colourist
The Main Cast
- Santiago Cabrera as Isaac Mendez
- Tawny Cypress as Simone Deveraux
- Noah Gray-Cabey as Micah Sanders
- Greg Grunberg as Matt Parkman
- Ali Larter as Niki Sanders
- Masi Oka as Hiro Nakamura
- Hayden Panettiere as Claire Bennet
- Adrian Pasdar as Nathan Petrelli
- Sendhil Ramamurthy as Mohinder Suresh
- Leonard Roberts as D. L. Hawkins
- Milo Ventimiglia as Peter Petrelli
The Secondary Cast
- Americus Abesamis
- Omid Abtahi
- Max Amini
- Randall Bentley
- Jack Coleman as HRG
- Ashley Crow
- Thomas Dekker
- Stacy Haiduk
- Jacob Hashem
- Corey Kotler
- Shishir Kurup
- James Kyson Lee as Ando Masahashi
- Tohoru Masamune as Boss at Yamagato
- Michael Milhoan
- Milos Milicevic
- Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine
- Wiley Pickett
- Jacqueline Piñol
- John Prosky
- Deirdre Quinn
- Ian Quinn
- Cristine Rose as Angela Petrelli
- Richard Roundtree
- Brian Tarantina
- John Thaddeus
- David Ury
- Greg Wrangler
- There is not yet any confirmed in-universe data.
- AU1 = First Network Draft
- AU2 = Claire & the Cat