|For more help...
Contact an administrator
Or leave a message
Welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you are new to Heroes, you might want to start at the New User Portal.
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style.
- If you're ready to get started, Template:Todo lists some ways you can help out.
- Of course, if you have your own idea for a new article, that's great, too.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the Summary field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add --~~~~ or click the signature button.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
Once again, welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Felicia's ability and Suzanne Amman
Hey, Shoyru. I just wanted to let you know why the articles about Felicia's ability and Suzanne Amman were deleted. Basically, we know nothing about Felicia's ability at this point, especially nothing that couldn't be said on the page about her. You make a great point about having a place to speculate--but really, that should be done on RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 15:58, 27 April 2008 (EDT)at this point. As for Suzanne Amman, you're not the only one who feels the page should exist--it's been deleted three times now! But there's no way to know exactly what the woman's name is. Some think it's Amman, others think it's Ammaw, and still others have a different reading of it. Personally, I don't think her first name is even Suzanne. Maybe we'll get more info on her in an interview, a commentary, or some other source, but until then, even the title of the article is speculative. --
Thanks for the cool new image of Joy. Do you know the original source? Also, small suggestion: when you name spoiler images, try to keep information such as hero/villain, etc. out of the name.--MiamiVolts (talk) 15:44, 5 May 2008 (EDT)
Good advice. I got it off of Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide.
- Season 3 info. doesn't belong on main articles. So, please refrain from re-adding Joy's info. to the enhanced speed article until she is introduced in the show and her ability is displayed.--MiamiVolts (talk) 15:23, 8 May 2008 (EDT)
Theory pages are for introduced characters, abilities and objects only. If you want to do spoiler theories for Jesse, you can add them at the bottom of Spoiler:Season Three. That's why I changed the link from Theory:Jesse to Spoiler:Jesse. I moved the one you had added to Theory:Jesse to the right place.--MiamiVolts (talk) 16:07, 8 May 2008 (EDT)
- You can also add theories about Jesse to Spoiler:Jesse#Fan Theories. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 18:37, 8 May 2008 (EDT)
Bracketed numbers in recent changes
What do the numbers in brackets such as (+218) mean, if anything?
- I believe it has to do with how much data was added or subtracted from a page in a particular revision. What units are represented by the numbers I havent a clue. --
20:23, 5 June 2008 (EDT)
- They're bytes. More simply, they're the amount of characters added or subtracted. If you look at the history of a page, you can track these changes by the total amount of bytes after the edit was made, rather than simply by what the change was. For instance, before this edit I'm making right now, Shoyru's page was a total of 7,841 bytes. -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 22:26, 5 June 2008 (EDT)
Place vs. Location
Hey, there's a difference between a place and a location. If it's listed under "place" on the talk page, then when you make a new article click the button for "place". Places have a different set of navbars and a different set of categories. So the new "place" articles, such as the forested picnic spot, should be a place, not a location. Also, the descriptions don't need to start with the name. You can say: Sabine drives Julien to a forested picnic spot in Utah.--MiamiVolts (talk) 10:49, 10 June 2008 (EDT)
- oops sorry. now i know.
Ok, lesson 2. :) New characters and actors for Season 3 are considered spoilers, and their new articles belong in the Spoiler namespace. See Help:Spoilers for more info. Also, when you make such a new article, it is good to put something into the "Summary" text box so that the article text does not show up in Special:Recentchanges as has happened with Spoiler:Francis Capra.--MiamiVolts (talk) 10:52, 11 June 2008 (EDT)
- lolz. good 2 know and appreciate the help! im new to this but i luv learning!!! (Dont tell my teachers i said that).
- I'm a teacher and I wholly approve of this message...well, except for the misspelled "im", "luv", Dont", the lowercase "i"s, and the shorthand "lolz" and "2". :) Everything else I approve! -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 16:54, 11 June 2008 (EDT)
Hey there, just a reminder, could you please sign your talk page comments with your signature. I can see you know how to use it, you may have just forgotten to include your sig on a couple of your comments, including on this page. On another note, I really like your ideas and the contributions you've made here :) Sorry to be a nag! -- 18:11, 16 June 2008 (EDT)
- no problem and thanx for pointing that out. glad to know i have an admirer. :P --
Season 3 spoilers
The 'spoilers' you re-added aren't season 3 spoilers, they're just un-aired stuff from the alternete ending of season 2. Check the translated webpagefor confermation. --BardinessBoy 01:18, 7 August 2008 (EDT)
- They are cut form Season 2 but is not yet determined whether or not they are going to be for season 3. Shoyru1177 20:08, 10 August 2008 (EDT)
Speaking of these, thanks for the landmine ya put in this page. >:( -- 22:19, 16 August 2008 (EDT)