|For more help...
Contact an administrator
Or leave a message
Welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you are new to Heroes, you might want to start at the New User Portal.
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style.
- If you're ready to get started, Template:Todo lists some ways you can help out.
- Of course, if you have your own idea for a new article, that's great, too.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the Summary field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add --~~~~ or click the signature button.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
Once again, welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Removing content from talk pages
Hey there. Just a heads up; removing content from talk pages is not allowed. I know you meant well with Talk:The President, but to my knowledge, content from talk pages should not be deleted. But don't worry... I would have deleted it myself if that wasn't a rule. :/ Anyway I've noticed you've been monitoring the recent changes since you joined today. Just wanted to say keep up the good work, and welcome to Heroes Wiki! Sincerely, Thrashmeister [ U | T | C ] 19:25, 3 January 2009 (EST)
- It's no problem! I completely understand that. :) But you're doing a lot better and you're a heckuva lot smarter than most of the new users I see on this site, so kudos to that. But another heads up: You may not want to add user infoboxes to people's userpages right off the bat; they might not want that. Generally, user pages are off limits for other people to edit, save for fixing links and stuff like that. Sincerely, Thrashmeister [ U | T | C ] 19:57, 3 January 2009 (EST)
Just wanted to say hi, and if you need any help just ask. Loving the danger page :) --laughingdevilboy 15:56, 5 January 2009 (EST)
Hi, in light of your recent moving of your subpage to Rollo Fusor's accomplice's victims, I'd just like to point a few things out regarding updating navbars and portals when adding new pages. In navbars, items are sorted alphabetically, and the last item in a navbar has no bullet ( • ) after it. In portals, items are also sorted alphabetically. And when adding to a portal, make sure things align right. After adding the article, I see that you've just added a portal entry onto the end of what already exists. Instead, check out the current revision to see how it looks best. Other than that, good job! --Radicell 05:26, 9 January 2009 (EST)
- Adjusting those portals can be really tricky. There's a pretty comprehensive help page at Help:Portals. When you're actually editing a help page, if you scroll down under the editing field, you'll see a condensed version of the page that can serve as a handy guide. But even with those help pages, editing a portal can (understandably) still be tricky work--if you're still having trouble at that point, don't hesitate to ask somebody else for help. That's what we're all here for. I know how intimidating those portals can be. :) Great job on the move! :) -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 08:19, 9 January 2009 (EST)
- Oops. Thanks very much to the both of you for all the help. :) --IotV 14.02, 9 January 2009 (GMT)
- That's fine. :) If you look at my two favorite characters, you'll see why I hate Sylar. ;)--IotV 17:42, 14 January 2009 (EST)
- Unfortunately, that's how it's looking!--IotV 14:59, 15 January 2009 (EST)
Hi IotV. Me (User:Irony), User:Laughingdevilboy ang User:Gabriel Bishopare writing a fan fic called cockney heroes. At the moment we are on episode 3 (series 1). We are running a contest and the prize is to get a character in the series and to co-write a few episodes. The episodes are here and the contest is here. We have been asking a few of the members of the wiki, and we think that (if you won) you could be a great help, thanks -- 18:40, 9 April 2009 (EDT) P.S If you are interested just leave a note on my talk page. :) Thanks
- Hi, firstly, thanks for saying yes. The more detailed competition rules are here, but basically you have to create a character and an ability which hasn't been seen on the show, gn's or evolutions yet. Also some people have created assignment trackers, but this is not neccessary -- 16:15, 17 April 2009 (EDT)
- Hey, just to let you know you only have until Friday to enter the competition -- 12:11, 27 April 2009 (EDT)