|Portrayed by||Graham Beckel|
|First appearance||Six Months Ago|
|Date of birth||March 2, 1946|
|Place of birth||Henderson, NV|
|Significant other||Kelly Sullivan|
|Children||Niki Sanders (adopted, deceased), |
Jessica Sanders (deceased)
Later, Hal comes to visit Niki and D.L. at their house. Hal gives Micah a new laptop as a gift. Niki and D.L. discuss finances, specifically how Micah could use a private education. When Hal brings up his poor fathering and irresponsible past, Niki says she does not remember. Hal, referencing Alcoholics Anonymous, tells Niki, "You're only as weak as your secrets."
Afterwards, Hal goes into Micah's room. There he finds that Micah has taken the case off of the laptop and is poking at its internals. Hal yells at Micah for "breaking" it, telling him it cost $2,000. When D.L. and Niki confront him about the yelling, he hands a blank check to Niki, saying, "I have no business being here ... I owe you more than an apology can ever do". He then storms out of the house.
Later, at his hotel room, Hal lets Niki into his room, but she tells him she's Jessica, not Niki. Jessica throws Hal against the dresser, bloodying his nose and accusing him of accidentally killing Niki's real-life sister Jessica. Jessica tells Hal that for all the years that Hal has abused her, Niki's personality was never aware; Jessica's personality took all of the hits, and bottled all of the rage. She throws him down on the bed, and shoves his gift check into his mouth. Before leaving, Jessica threateningly tells Hal, "You're going to go away and never come back."
- Niki and Hal use more formal names for each other: Niki calls her father "Hal", and Hal calls his daughter "Nicole".
- In .07%, D.L. refers to Jessica's takeover of Niki more like Niki "turning into [her] old man".
- When Jessica visits Hal in his hotel room, Hal is reading The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
- According to Niki's birth certificate that Micah found on his computer, Hal was born on March 2, 1946 in Henderson, NV.
- For other uses of Hal, see Hal (disambig).