|First aired:||September 21, 2009|
|Written by:||Tim Kring|
|Directed by:||David Straiton|
|Previous spoiler:||An Invisible Thread|
|Next spoiler:||Jump, Push, Fall|
Volume Five: Redemption makes a special two-hour debut with the introduction of a mysterious carnival clan whose intentions are unknown, while familiar faces adjust to new stages of their lives that will challenge their perceptions of the world and their abilities. Robert Knepper joins the cast. Ray Park, Zeljko Ivanek, Madeline Zima, and Dawn Olivieri guest star.
Claire (Hayden Panettiere) struggles with adjusting to her new life in college when a mysterious death thrusts her into the spotlight once again. Elsewhere, Hiro (Masi Oka) and Ando (James Kyson Lee) continue their noble quest to help people by promoting their abilities. Angela (Cristine Rose) fears Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) will soon discover his true identity; while Matt (Greg Grunberg) is haunted by an unexpected visitor seeking something he has lost. Tracy Strauss (Ali Larter) and H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) join forces, looking for the key to unlock the motive behind a horrific crime. Meanwhile, Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) uses his abilities for good, but he is soon called upon to aid an old friend. While the heroes adjust to their new surroundings, a mysterious carnival clan, led by ringleader Samuel (Robert Knepper), sets their sights on familiar faces. James Kyson Lee and Zachary Quinto also star. Rachel Melvin, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Ashley Crow, Lisa Lackey, Assaf Cohen, and Saemi Nakamura also guest star.
- 09/09 -- NEW! Official Promotional Pics
- 09/08 -- NEW! New Premiere Promo With new scenes
- 08/27 -- Season 4 Premiere Official Description
- 08/27 -- Annie is the mysterious suicide on campus
- 08/25 -- First official promotional picture featuring Claire
- 7/23 -- First Official Sneak Peek from Comic Con
- 6/17-- The ODI - First set pics of Claire and Gretchen on campus
- 6/13-- Next On Heroes details Tim Kring as the writer and David Straiton as the director
- 5/29 - Glimpse at script apparently reveals Angela, Nathan, and HRG in a Japanese setting, Tracy still at Kent Harper's apartment, Angela in a city street, and "Annie", Claire and HRG on campus.
- 5/22 - Casting call for a young Japanese girl
- 5/20 - Casting call for young Hiro
- 5/12 - Casting call for young Ando and young Kimiko
- 5/11 - Casting call for "tattoo girl"
- The title refers to Claire's orientation to college.
- The title refers to Tracy's (and possibly others) orientation to the new Company.
- The episode will also reveal who will have the new hearing impaired girlfriend.
- The title could be a metaphore for the charcter's re-adjustments back into normal life.
- "Nathan" will get more and more convinced that he is not Nathan.
- Hiro will have to decide whether or not to use his corrupted ability and to risk his life.
- Ando will begin the search for a cure for Hiro.
- After Sylar resets the clock, he and Angela meet Noah at a Japanese restaurant to discuss the Company.
- Kimiko will have an ability, which she will use to further restore Hiro's powers.
- The Haitian will be near "Nathan" to suppress his powers.