|First aired:||April 13, 2009|
|Written by:||Aron Eli Coleite|
|Directed by:||Adam Kane|
|Previous spoiler:||Turn and Face the Strange|
|Next spoiler:||I Am Sylar|
The haunting secrets of Angela Petrelli's past can't stay buried forever – As Nathan (Adrian Pasdar), Claire (Hayden Panettiere), Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) and H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) help Angela (Cristine Rose) uncover her past, she reveals the dark secrets that have haunted her for years. Meanwhile, Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy) learns of his father’s involvement in a long forgotten government operation. Diana Scarwid, Alexa Nikolas, Laura Marano, Ravi Kapoor, Casey Kringlen, H. Michael Croner and Edwin Hodge guest star.
- 04/10 -- Final 3 Episodes of Season New Promo
- 04/08 -- Sprint Sneak Peek
- 04/06 -- What to Expect and Beyond
- 04/06 -- Episode 3x23 - New NBC Promo
- 04/02 -- Episode 3x23 - Even More Promo Pics - Set 3
- 04/02 -- An anonymous emailer involved with the production of Heroes said that Zachary Knower portrays Mr. Shaw.
- 04/01 -- 3x23 Promotional Photos
- 04/01 -- In an email to RyanGibsonStewart from somebody who wishes to remain anonymous, it was revealed that Alice (Angela's sister) has the ability of weather control.
- 03/21 -- According to IMDb, Ginger Pauley will appear in 1961 as Mrs. Shaw.
- 03/15 -- According to IMDb, Jon Donahue will portray a young Dr. Zimmerman, and Laura Marano will portray a young Alice.
- 03/02 -- Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite reveal that young Angela Petrelli will be portrayed by Alexa Nikolas in 1961.
- 2/20 -- Casting call for 3x23 reveals that Michael Croner will play young Bob Bishop
- 2/17 -- The working title of this episode has been revealed by Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite.
- 1/24 -- Casting Call for 3x23 reveals flashback casting
- Angela will display the events of the past through the medium of dance.
- She is way too old for smooth moves.
- We will learn Kaito Nakamura's ability.
- Kaito may have had a defensive or passive ability.
- Kaito may have had the power of clairvoyance.
- Kaito may have had a variation of intuitive aptitude or precognition as a power.
- Kaito may have had the power of accelerated probability, like he had in the deleted scene.
- Kaito may have had the power of mental manipulation (which may have been taken by Arthur).
- Kaito may have had the power of telepathy (which may have been taken by Arthur).
- Kaito's power was already revealed in a deleted scene with Ando and will be defined in this episode.
- We will learn Charles Deveaux's ability.
- Charles may have had the power of flight.
- Charles may have had the power of healing. That would make him perfect to opposite Linderman and his plan to destroy New York.
- Charles may have had the power of mental manipulation (which may have been taken by Arthur).
- Charles may have had the power of telepathy (which may have been taken by Arthur).
- Charles may have had Dream Manipulation (He has shared a dream with Peter)
- We will see how Arthur got telepathy, mental manipulation and how the Company was formed.
- We will learn that Chandra Suresh had an ability, maybe a synthetic one.
- Chandra was involved in the Company's actions, but had his memory about them erased by Arthur. That's why he had to start over with his own research in Volume One.
- We will learn that Chandra did experiments on children in the past, trying to give them abilities.
- Alice's powers went out of control and she destroyed the place and everyone there.
- Alice's power will be highly destructive in a way reminiscent of Matt Parkman's paintings.
- There will be a flashback of 1977, when Alice used her ability to save Miami by turning a tidal wave into snowfall.
- We will find out what happened to Angela and Alice when they were young.
- Angela and Arthur will first meet and fall in love, then marry three years later.
- We will see flashbacks to 1961 when the Company founders meet each other.
- We will see a flashback of Samson Gray and Angela Petrelli meeting each other.
- We will learn more about Adam.
- We will learn Claire is related to Adam.
- We will learn of all the Company's founders' abilities.
- We will see the founders' abilities manifest.
- We will see how the catalyst was formed.
- We will learn why Ishi Nakamura was sick in Our Father.
- Flashbacks will reveal the identities of Tracy, Niki and Barbara's parents, possibly Susan Amman and Harry Fletcher.
- This episode will be self contained origins stories of the elders when they first manifested or had pivotal moments in their lives of power. They will not join forces in this episode to "save the world" - that will be fifteen years later.
- This episode will be viewed courtesy of a spirit walk through the glazed over eyes of Matt or Hiro.
- Matt Parkman Jr. will re-activate Peter's empathic mimicry and/or Hiro's space-time manipulation completely.
- Ando will re-activate Peter's and/or Hiro's power or this will happen when he amplifies Matt Parkman Jr.'s ability.
- We will find out that Coyote Sands was like a concentration camp for people with abilities.
- We will find that the Government has tried to capture evolved people before, and it didn't work. The Company was formed by people with powers (picked by the Government or gathered together to propose this idea to the Government) to handle it for them as the Government failed horribly. After that the Government had no affiliation with the Company except letting its operatives work without being considered outlaws.
- We will find out that Coyote Sands was the first (or an earlier) incarnation of Primatech Paper.
- The Coyote Sands Reservation Center was established by the government as a safe haven for evolved humans. Researchers were employed to study them, including Chandra Suresh and Dr. Zimmerman. The government eventually concluded they were too dangerous and uncontrollable, so they were massacred and the site was abandoned.
- The remains of the people buried at Coyote Sands are people murdered by young Angela, Bob, Charles, Zimmerman and Linderman.
- The remains are the Company's founders (those whose fates are currently unknown).
- The episode will end with Tracy waking up in the drain after reforming out of the ice from her cold snap.