|First aired:||November 2009|
|Previous spoiler:||Once Upon a Time in Texas|
|Next spoiler:||Brother's Keeper|
Claire (Hayden Panettiere) is determined to get to the bottom of the Sorority Rush attacks on her own, until H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) intervenes only to realize he may be the source of her troubles. Meanwhile, Peter's (Milo Ventimiglia) new ability is a perfect fit for his job and gives him the opportunity to help Emma (guest star Deanne Bray) accept her new life. Elsewhere, Sylar's (Zachary Quinto) battle at gaining full control over Matt's (Greg Grunberg) body escalates -- with potentially dangerous implications at stake. Robert Knepper and Adrian Pasdar also star. Kat Purgal, Carlease Burke, Danica Stewart, Candice Patton, Sally Champlin and Assaf Cohen also guest star.
- This episode will focus on the strange carnival people.
- Peter will have invisibility and have to fight another invisible person.
- Peter will replicate invisibility from Rebecca Taylor, and then they'll engage in combat.
- Sylar will re-emerge this episode.
- Once again, like all the other Volumes of the series, this 9th episode will continue the tradition of resolving various plotlines (due to being chapter 9) and also making various revelations and cliffhangers.
- Emma will have to use her ability to survive alone in the dark, fighting an attacker.
- A new evolved human will emerge with umbrakinesis, the power to control darkness, or even light.
- Peter will be unable to fight with "Nathan".
- Claire will deal with her new knowledge about Gretchen.
- It will be an episode with Sylar and Matt having more complications.
- This episode will be about Matt trying to fight his new shadow, Sylar.
- Allison will show her terrakinetic abilities, revealing herself to be Sparrow Redhouse.
- Lynette will notice that Charlie disappeared, and this will disrupt the timeline.
- 'Shadow boxing' may refer to the unseen battle between Matt and Sylar.