|Also known as||Malcolm John Taylor|
|Date of birth||13 June 1943|
Malcolm McDowell is a British stage, film, and television actor who plays the role of Linderman.
Malcolm's first notable film role was "Alex DeLarge" in Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange in 1971, one that soon typecast him as a psychopathic villain. In the mid 1970s, Malcolm came to Hollywood to work in the flourishing film industry of the USA, and appeared in several more films. By the 1980s, Malcolm was not aging well due to his alcohol and cocaine abuse. He admitted himself to rehab and came out clean — he says he hasn't had a drug, cigarette or alcohol in almost 20 years. Having lost his younger looks, he was no longer offered the top roles he was accustomed to.
In 1994, Malcolm appeared as the lead villain role in Star Trek: Generations, as "Tolian Soran", the man who would kill Kirk. He went on to a recurring role in the animated television series Superman (with Joanna Cassidy, Michael Dorn, and Ernie Hudson) and Batman (with Loren Lester), as well as the lead in the 1998 remake of Fantasy Island. In 2004 McDowell played "Teddy K", the CEO of Globecom, as an uncredited role in In Good Company. More recently, he had a recurring role as "Terence" in the HBO series Entourage. He also provided the voice for "Dr. Calico" in the film Bolt and related media, and the voice of the President of the United States of America in the post-apocalyptic roleplaying game Fallout 3.
Malcolm has worked with several other Heroes cast members, including Dan Byrd and Bonnie Burroughs (Easy A), Seth Green and Breckin Meyer (Robot Chicken), Lina Esco (The Evening Journey), Thomas Dekker and Michael Dorn (Star Trek: Generations), Christopher Eccleston (Our Friends in the North), Brea Grant (H2: Halloween 2), Stacy Haiduk (Yesterday's Target), Markus Flanagan (Fantasy Island), John Prosky (Hidalgo), Matthew John Armstrong (The David Cassidy Story), Dennis Chavis (Entourage), Shishir Kurup (In Good Company), Maurice LaMarche (voicework in Captain Simian & The Space Monkeys and Sex, Censorship and the Silver Screen), Clint Howard (Halloween), and Ernie Hudson (voicework in the animated Superman).
- Malcolm McDowell was born "Malcolm John Taylor". McDowell is his mother's maiden name.
- The graphic novel artist renderings of "Austin" (Linderman) showcase the amazing likeness to old Vietnam War-era film footage of Malcolm, as demonstrated below in the gallery. In fact, artist Jason Badower said he specifically used old film footage of Malcolm to create Austin's image in Malcolm's likeness.
"Austin" and Malcolm from A Clockwork Orange
- Malcolm McDowell at Memory Alpha
- Malcolm McDowell on Wikipedia
- Interview with Malcolm McDowell at EW.com, 3/9/07
- Interview with Malcolm McDowell, Adrian Pasdar, and Cristine Rose at CBR.com, 5/13/2007
- Interview with Malcolm McDowell at SFX Collection, 8/15/07
- Interview with Malcolm McDowell at iF Magazine, 8/24/07
- Interview with Malcolm McDowell at The OWI, 11/21/07