|First aired:||January 29, 2007|
|Written by:||Natalie Chaidez|
|Directed by:||Terrence O'Hara|
OUTSIDE FORCES AND NEW FACES DRIVE THE "HEROES" INTO DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS -- GEORGE TAKEI ("STAR TREK"), CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON ("DR. WHO") AND JESSALYN GILSIG ("NIP/TUCK") GUEST STAR -- Chased by unknown assailants, Hiro's (Masi Oka) search for the sword takes a turn when his father (guest star George Takei) appears. A cleaned up Isaac (Santiago Cabrera) dedicates himself to stopping New York's destruction -- and Peter (Milo Ventimiglia). Claude (guest star Christopher Eccleston), an invisible man with a mysterious past, might have something to teach a would-be hero. D.L. (Leonard Roberts) struggles with new family responsibilities as Matt (Greg Grunberg) opens up to his wife Janice (guest star Lisa Lackey). H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) focuses on his murderous captive, Sylar (guest star Zachary Quinto). Meanwhile, after seeking out the Haitian (guest star Jimmy Jean-Louis), Claire (Hayden Panettiere) secretly embarks on a search for her true birth parents. While working to find those on "the list," Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy) receives a surprising visitor. Tawny Cypress, Noah Gray-Cabey, Ali Larter and Adrian Pasdar also star. Thomas Dekker, Jessalyn Gilsig and James Kyson Lee guest star.
- 11/22 - Star Trek's George Takei will be joining Heroes as Hiro's father! Could he be Kaito, the very strict and traditional Japanese business man mentioned in our spoilers below? Episode 13 will also feature a "deprogrammer" who is a tough and intimidating ex-Marine man. Spoiler Fix
- 11/11 - Meredith, a trashy blonde from Texas makes her first appearance of 3 episodes. Someone meets with Dr. Witherson, a sympathetic psychiatrist; she'll be in two episodes. A dishonest plumber takes pleasure in ripping off his customers. Spoiler Fix
- 11/07 - Rumors say that someone will die in episode 13. Will it be permanent? This episode will also introduce new recurring (who'll appear in at least 2 episodes) Kaito, a very strict and traditional Japanese businessman who'll interact with Hiro. Spoiler Fix
- In a preview of the next episode on th NBC site, Micah says "Dad, you know how you and Mom have a secret? Well I have a secret too." while showing a clip of him standing in front of an ATM.
- On the preview, Niki Sanders is shown lying on the ground in a small room. We also see someone being given a shot. Since we are told that someone dies in this episode, it could be Niki because she turned herself in for murder and murderers are sometimes given the death penalty (this is highly unlikely, since in modern practice, death penalty trials go through a long process to reach conviction and sentencing, let alone the carrying out of the sentence). However if Jessica was in control, it could be that Jessica is finally dead. This is unlikely, however, since this is not the fashion in which lethal injection is performed. Spoilers for later episodes seem to indicate that Niki will not die in "The Fix".
- Micah will end up stealing money from the ATM. Claude has taught a few others how to use their powers. Sylar gets out of his cell when Mr. Bennet comes in for a visit, giving Mr. Bennet a view of one of the abilities we haven't seen yet, then makes his way to the Bennets' home to retrieve Claire. Niki/Jessica is going to get her hands on a gun. Peter is going to have an empathy issue, due to the reunion of Isaac and Simone but he is invisible at the time and in an attempt to get him to fly, Claude throws Peter off a roof, with him landing on a taxi, which brings out the healing in him instead.
- Most events in the episode The Fix will be revealed as just that: fixes. The characters are being taken for a ride. They're being set up. Claude is pretending to befriend Peter, but it's all a set up. He's using Peter. Keeping tabs on him, either for Mr. Linderman or someone else. The Haitian told Claire that Peter was being watched. What better way for an operative to hide but by being invisible? Dr. Witherson wants Jessica to come forward because she's really an operative for Linderman, and wants to cut a deal, get Linderman's assassin out of jail and back to doing his dirty work. Claire's discovery of her biological mom is too easy. Mr. Bennet planted her, just as he hired 'normal' people to pose as Claire's parents. Mr. Bennet saw the wind chimes. He sees her befriending Zach again. He knows she still has her memories, but he needs to prove it. So he's setting Claire up, and "Fire Mommy" is the bait.
- The person watching Peter is most likely Isaac, as he is working for Mr. Bennet.
- While it's possible Meredith is not actually Claire's birth mother, she did in fact have an affair with Nathan Petrelli that he believes might have resulted in a child.
- Jessica made the deal to get herself released from prison by herself, and at Dr. Witherson's expense.