Uncle Burk's Fine Comics
|Uncle Burk's Fine Comics|
|Owned by:||Isaac Mendez|
|Current status:||Published 9th Wonders!, Issue #31, in 2007|
In 2002, after he had worked at Camacho Comics for three years, Isaac Mendez self-published his own line of comics under his old uncle Burk's name. Burk was one of the few people in his life who supported Isaac's love of comic books. Isaac called the comic books 9th Wonders!. Uncle Burk's Fine Comics published 31 issues of 9th Wonders!, the last issue being posthumously released in 2007.
- The publishers stamp alternates between an icon of the helix symbol, and an icon of Uluru. Most employ the helix symbol.
- Uncle Burk's Fine Comics publishes in at least two foreign languages: French (Issue #7) and Japanese (Issues #9 and #16).
- In the (Graphic novel collection, vol 2), there is a two-page advertisement for Uncle Burks Comics which state their phone number to be 1-888-COMIC-BOOK, and also gives special thanks to Frank Mastromauro, Nanci Quesada, and the folks from Helix Comics: Aron Eli Coleite, Joe Pokaski, Jesse Alexander, Jeph Loeb, Chuck Kim, and Mark Warshaw.
- Uncle Burk's Fine Comics is named for Burk Sauls, the propsmaster who originally colored some of Tim Sale's work, before Dave Stewart took over the job.
The next three issues have only appeared in an advertisement for Uncle Burk's Fine Comics, showcasing Isaac's severed skull...
...Jessica's big hoop earings...
- For other 9th Wonders! comics covers drawn by artist Tim Sale for promotion use only, see Helix Comics.