User:CreedogV/The World Entire/Gabriel Gray (The World Entire)
|Portrayed by||Zachary Quinto, |
|First appearance||Madness in Love|
|Known abilities||Original ability: |
Enhanced memory (regained),
Enhanced hearing (regained),
Induced radioactivity (regained),
Rapid cellular regeneration,
Enhanced strength (suppressed),
Inertia amplification (suppressed),
Blindness induction (suppressed),
|Formal name||Gabriel Gray|
|Age||34 (in 2011) |
52 (in 2029)
|Date of birth||January 11, 1977|
|Place of birth||Manhattan, New York|
|Home||Costa Verde, CA (former), |
|Residences||Single-family home in Costa Verde, CA (former), |
Primatech Research Barstow
|Occupations||Agent of the Company (former), |
Interim Regional Director of Primatech Barstow
|Significant other||Wife: |
|Parents||Adoptive parents: |
Mr. Gray (estranged),
Virginia Gray (deceased)
|Siblings||Nathan Petrelli, |
|Other relatives||Nieces: |
Bob Bishop (deceased)
His ability to empathize with others suppresses the hunger that is typical of intuitive aptitude. Though seemingly well-adjusted, he is not perfectly sane. His marriage with his wife, Elle, has a sadomasochistic side, and he derives what he knows is an unhealthy amusement with performing acts to his son that would severely maim or kill normal children. Early on in his redemption, while able to resist taking abilities, he still had a violent temper which never completely disappears. He does, however, genuinely love his family, and is fiercely protective of them. When he has a momentary lapse into his Sylar persona, he is debilitating remorseful at his previous actions.
Gabriel is a main character of this series. After the Costa Verde Disaster, Gabriel retreats to a cafe to grieve the death of his son, where he meets the past Peter Petrelli and Elle, who turns out to be his wife. She tells the story of their love (Madness in Love). Back in 2007, after he has been made an agent of the Company and is partnered with Noah Bennet, Elle returns to avenge her father's death. After a crisis of conscience stops him from stealing her ability, he uses his healing abilities to exhaust Elle as she tries to electrocute him. After Angela rehires her, he begins to develop feelings for her (In That Very Moment).
Her electrocutions become a common occurrence, and they eventually allow Elle to work through her grief and become romantically--an physically--involved with Gabriel (Hasn't Happened Yet). Their first coupling results in Elle's pregnancy. Gabriel proposes and Elle accepts. They elope and have a son which they name Noah against his namesake's wishes. Gabriel, to combat the hunger, refuses to use his abilities, and his mother sends him home to care for and protect his son, which he does until that fateful day (Two Auras). Back in 2011, Gabriel sends the past Peter back to his time while he and his wife remember better times (Rooting for Love).
Gabriel has the ability to understand the structure and operation of complex systems. He presumably lost it and had it returned synthetically by Peter. Whether he retained his other abilities has not been described, but since he was able to regain all his previous abilities after the Shanti virus, it is possible he might do the same.
After being cured of the Shanti virus, Gabriel regained his intuitive aptitude naturally and his telekinesis because he felt genuine guilt for Brian Davis’s death. Gabriel regained all his previous abilities in the same manner after empathically internalizing the guilt. Because his empathy suppresses the hunger, it also suppresses any abilities he’s taken while in his Sylar persona until he internalizes the guilt, which is a difficult, emotionally-draining process that requires reliving his killings.
Matt Parkman used his telepathy to trap Gabriel in his mind. While being mentally attacked, Gabriel was able to use his intuitive aptitude to understand Matt’s telepathy. He was able to take it unknowingly and use the ability against Matt. He later, while making love to his wife, used the telepathy to take Elle’s electrical manipulation. He has not used his telepathy to take any additional powers.
The Epidemic was revealed to have stripped Gabriel's powers once again, though the Formula returned his intuitive aptitude and telekinesis. He regained telepathy from Matt, and later electrical manipulation from Elle, rapid cellular regeneration from Claire, and flight from Nathan.
- Telekinesis from Brian Davis, regained empathically. (Six Months Ago)
- Shattering from Trevor Zeitlan, presumably regained empathically but not demonstrated. (Villains)
- Cryokinesis from James Walker, regained empathically. (Don't Look Back)
- Enhanced memory from Charlie Andrews, regained empathically. (Seven Minutes to Midnight)
- Liquefaction from Zane Taylor, regained empathically. (Run!)
- Enhanced hearing from Dale Smither, presumably regained empathically but not demonstrated. (Unexpected)
- Precognition from Isaac Mendez, regained empathically. (.07%)
- Induced radioactivity from Ted Sprague, regained empathically. (Landslide)
- Rapid cellular regeneration from Claire Bennet, sustained empathically. (The Second Coming)
- Alchemy from Bob Bishop, sustained empathically. (The Butterfly Effect)
- Clairsentience from Bridget Bailey, sustained empathically. (One of Us, One of Them)
- Sound manipulation from Jesse Murphy, sustained empathically. (One of Us, One of Them)
- Telepathy from Matt Parkman.(Falling Angels)
- Flight from George Palladino, suppressed empathically. (Returning Ghosts)
- Pyrokinesis from Brock Johnson, suppressed empathically. (Returning Ghosts)
- Invisibility from Anthony O'Malley, suppressed empathically. (Returning Ghosts)
- Enhanced strength from Harrison Jeong, suppressed empathically. (Returning Ghosts)
- Inertia amplification from Peter Farmer, suppressed empathically. (Returning Ghosts)
- Blindness induction from Mateo Tapia, suppressed empathically. (Returning Ghosts)
- Electrical manipulation from Elle Gray, gained telepathically. (Beckoning Titans)
- For the canon version of this character in the Exposed Future, see Gabriel Gray (exposed future), and in the present, see Sylar.