Jump to navigation Jump to search
Author Stephen King, whose works are often paralleled in Heroes.
There are several interesting parallels between Heroes and the works of Stephen King.
- Mrs. Walker is telekinetically impaled to a wall by household utensils, just like Margaret White in the film version of Carrie. (Don't Look Back)
- Claire, a popular girl, asks Zach, an unpopular boy, to be her date to the homecoming dance, in the same way that popular Tommy Ross asks unpopular Carrie White to the prom. (Homecoming)
- Sylar kills his mother when she attacks him because of his power, similar to the climactic confrontation between Margaret White and her daughter Carrie. (The Hard Part)
- Matt can communicate telepathically with people, like Danny and Dick Hallorann. (Fight or Flight)
- Bridget Bailey knows the history of an object just by touching it, similar to how Danny psychically glimpses the grim hisory of the Overlook. (One of Us, One of Them)
- Much of the world's population is wiped out by a deadly virus, just like what happens with "Captain Trips". (Out of Time)
- A clandestine organisation abducts targets with special abilities, akin to the mysterious government agency in Firestarter. (Collision)
- Meredith Gordon has the ability of pyrokinesis, just like Charlie. (The Fix)
- Maury Parkman can persuade people to do things and create nightmarish illusions, like Andy. (Fight or Flight)
- Mohinder injects himself with a formula that gives him a special ability, similar to what happens to Andy. (The Second Coming)
The Green Mile
Bag of Bones
- Matt's social situation causes him problems with the adoption of a special child, reflecting the problems that Mike has adopting Kyra. (Four Months Later...)
The Dark Tower
- Isaac is a long-haired, talented artist, very similar to Patrick Danville. (Genesis)
- Hiro can move through time and space, an ability he shares with Sheemie Ruiz. (Genesis)
- Niki suffers from a split personality, much like Odetta Holmes/Detta Walker. (Genesis)
- Hiro discovers that his enemy is a face from the past long thought dead, much like Roland discovering that Randall Flagg is actually his old nemesis, Marten Broadcloak. (Cautionary Tales)
Isaac Mendez, a talented artist...
...Looks very similar to Patrick Danville, another talented artist.