|Portrayed by||Dana Davis|
|First appearance||The Kindness of Strangers|
|Known ability||Adoptive muscle memory|
|Home||New Orleans, LA|
|Residence||A single-family home in post-Katrina New Orleans|
|Occupation||Fast food service|
|Parent||Unnamed mother (deceased)|
|Other relatives||D.L. Hawkins (cousin once removed, deceased), |
Jessica and Niki Sanders (cousins-in-law once removed, deceased),
Micah Sanders (second cousin)
For an episode-by-episode summary, see Monica Dawson: Season Two History.
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
Monica Dawson is using her powers to help the people of New Orleans, with Micah Sanders communicating with her and using his technopathy to help her out. After thwarting a burglary attempt, Micah helps Monica escape police and they both head home separately. Over his com, Micah hears the sound of Monica under attack. At home, he finds the house empty and uses his power to learn that Monica and Nana were taken by agents, along with Damon who the agents believed to be Micah. Micah tracks his abducted family to Flight 195, where both her and Nana are hooded with blacked out goggles and earmuffs, drugged and in jumpsuits and begins altering the passenger list once he finds out the plane has crashed, presuming all aboard have perished.
Rebel, led by Micah, launch a rescue mission for Monica, Claude and Lee. Unable to find Monica on their own, they go to Molly Walker for help. Molly, after some initial reluctance, looks and instantly finds Monica and the others in a warehouse in Pittsburgh, unable to move and unconscious due to the drug restraints. Despite the rescue mission going wrong, Rebel and Molly are able to locate and rescue Lee and Claude on board a train, but are unable to find Monica despite Molly saying she can still see Monica tied to a chair. As the novel ends, Molly figures out where Monica is actually located.
Micah, Sparrow, Abigail, West and Lee arrive in Washington, outside of an abandoned hospital to save Monica after getting the address from Molly. With Micah guiding them, the team quickly find Monica being experimented on by a doctor. Abigail uses her power to stop Monica from being hurt while West pistol whips the doctor. Monica asks who they are and they explain that they are part of the Rebellion and are friends of Micah's. Monica asks where Micah is and they learn that he may have been captured. When the alarm goes off, Monica and the others escape the building unharmed.
Monica has the ability of adoptive muscle memory which allows her to perfectly replicate, without practice, any physical motion that she has witnessed; either in person or by watching it on television. She is a copycat, able to replicate motions without active concentration, as shown when she absent mindedly cuts a tomato into an intricate rose. When watching a move performed, she goes into a short trance-like state as she memorizes the movement.
"It's all about attitude, Camille."
"What's about attitude?"
"Life. And today is the first day of the rest of mine."
"You sound like a fortune cookie."
"Half the people in this county are living in FEMA trailers, and you wanna spend good money to watch grown-up men jump around in their underwear."
"You can walk down Bourbon Street for that."
"I know what it's like to lose someone you love - to wish that you had a piece of them, something solid to hold on to. Anybody try to steal my mom's piano - I'd feed them their teeth."
- In a CBR Q&A session, Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite elaborated on Monica's powers. "Monica can only do things within her physical limit. Now as an athletic 20-year-old girl, there are a lot of things within her limit. But, no--if she saw Nathan fly, she couldn't fly."
- On the prisoner manifest list, Monica's last name is misspelled "Dawsom".
- Though she only appears in Season Two, Monica (along with Nana) technically does appear in Season Three in A Clear and Present Danger as one of the hooded prisoners. Though she'd be portrayed by an extra.
- Monica's capture by Building 26 was a major part of Micah's motivation for forming Rebel along with the captures of Damon and Nana. While Damon and Nana were held captive at Building 26 and were freed by Rebel, Monica's location remained a mystery and they had to resort to recruiting Molly Walker to find her. Thanks to Molly, Micah and his friends found and rescued her as a Building 26 doctor was about to experiment on her for an unknown reason.
- For other uses of Monica, see Monica (disambig).
- For images of Monica, see Images of Monica Dawson.
- For articles related to Monica, see Related Articles:Monica.
Please refer to Theory:Monica Dawson for fan-created theories and other speculation.