|Origin||Santa Fe, NM, USA|
Zach Craley began his Heroes career as an assistant to the writers and as a production assistant. Soon after, he worked as a graphic novel writer and helped write the Slow Burn webisodes with Oliver Grigsby, Jim Martin, Foz McDermott, and Harrison Wilcox. Zach began working for Heroes in the second season.
With the restart of Heroes Reborn, Zach wrote all episodes of the Dark Matters webisode series and cowrote the HeroTruther viral videos with Marisha Mukerjee. He also was a series episode writer, responsible for writing the series finale Project Reborn.
Zach was a production assistant for Season Two of Heroes. Prior to working for NBC, he worked on the The Sarah Silverman Program. He also directed and produced City Lights. Following Heroes, wrote an episode for Tim Kring's series Touch.
- In 2016, Zach won the "Adapted Short Form New Media" award from the Writers Guild of America award for his work on Phoebe from the webisode Dark Matters.
- Zach's likeness--and name--were used to create the Hotspur character Zach.
- Zach is married to Kat Purgal.
- Zach graduated from Emerson College in 2007.
- Interview with Zach Craley, Oliver Grigsby, and Jason Badower at Heroes Wiki, 7/24/08
- Interview with Zach Craley and the other Slow Burn creators, at Heroes Wiki, 12/22/09
- Interview with Zach Craley about the Dark Matters webisode series, Heroes Wiki, 9/23/15
- Podcast interview with Primatech Files Podcast, 12/3/15