Heroes Interactive:The Kindness of Strangers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Welcome to the "Heroes" Interactive experience!
- This week's journey starts in Honduras, but soon you'll be travelling to other Heroes locations including Haiti, New York, Japan and Ireland by interacting and accumulating points.
- If you found Sylar deathly ill on the side of the road, would you help him?
- No way (68%)
- Yes, I'm not an ogre (32%)
- Meet Monica. Dana Davis joins the "Heroes" cast. You may recognize her as Felicia Jones, previously seen on "The Nine".
- Angela knows Matt can read her mind. Do you think she has a power of her own, or is she merely perceptive?
- Just perceptive (9%)
- Has a power (91%)
- To make Claire's high school seem realistic, 100 background artists were hired. Since the real high school was in session, 4 production assistants were needed to lock up and keep the real high school students out of the shot.
- The joke where Nathan asks Matt if he is reading his mind was actually inserted last minute on the set.
- Maya's copy of Activating Evolution is printed in Spanish.
- In this scene, Sylar looks down at his cracked watch. In what first season episode did the watch crack?
- 7 Mins 2 Midnight
- Nothing to Hide
- The Fix
- A food stylist was hired to cut 35 tomatoes in the shape of a rose for this shot. The stylist had to come in that day to cut them because the tomatoes do not refrigerate well.
- The writers often include foods they snack on while breaking stories, such as frozen yogurt. Another often-featured plate is chilaquiles, which has appeared in multiple episodes.
- Don't forget to check out CHARACTER MAP to learn more about the characters of Heroes and their connections.
- To create the look of the Hollywood sign, the Art Dept. created an 8-foot partial "O" and surrounded it by blue screen. Stargate, the Heroes visual FX company, then shifted the footage into a Hollywood sign plate that they created.
- Claire's fall and West's swoop calls for the actors to be in full harnesses. A 15-foot platform is covered with a blue drape for them to stand on & Stargate adds the visual effects.
- The wrestler feature on the TV set is Rey Mysterio. That specific move in the wrestling world is known as 6-1-9.
- It took four hours in makeup to achieve Nathan's burnt and scarred face.
- Claire and West make a smooth sidewalk landing using a "teeter totter" that the actors sit on to support their weight. The camera only shows their dangling feet as they are slowly lowered so they can easily hop off.
- Combined with visual effects, Sylar and Maya are wearing large black contact lenses that fit the full eye.
- Notice that HRG eats frozen yogurt as he waits up for Claire. Apparently, the family got yogurt without her.
- Wind chimes ringing was made possible by using an "E fan", which has a special motor that is more silent than your ordinary fan.
- A stunt double was used for the kick. The glass was rigged with two squibs, which are small explosive devices resembling a stick of dynamite. A special effects technician hit the glass breaker at the stuntman hit the glass, allowing the stuntman to tumble to the floor.
- Thanks for joining the "Heroes" interactive experience. For cast commentary, original graphic novels, secrets, sneaks, and more, go to NBC.com/Heroes after tonight's broadcast.
- As with those for the previous episodes of Season Two, The Heroes Interactive for The Kindness of Strangers was accompanied by a character map, which was essentially a portal of photos and season one histories for each of the characters.