Claire texts West.
Characters on Heroes commonly use instant messaging as a means of communication with other characters.
While talking with Noah Bennet, Hana Gitelman uses her ability to receive Thompson's text message of "kadima" he sent to Noah. Later, she uses her ability to instant message Noah what "kadima" means in English.
- After D.L.'s death, Hana and Micah regularly instant message each other about Richard Drucker at the Corinthian Casino's website, corinthianlasvegas.com.
- In chapter 2 of The Agent, Rebel sends Rachel instant messages telling her he knows what she can do with a video file of her at Pinehearst Headquarters. Rebel's subsequent messages asks her not to tell Danko what she found on several websites, and that he needs her to do something. Rachel texts back to Rebel what would happen if she told Danko, and Rebel replies via text that she already knows.
- In chapter 3 of The Agent, Rebel sends text messages to Rachel while she is at the shooting range, but she doesn't read them and throws away her phone. Later, Jason receives a text message to his phone and Rachel grabs his phone from him. The message is from Rebel, intended for Rachel. She reads that it says not to continue her investigation and delete it, waiting for a video to arrive. When video file arrives, Rachel sees Alex's car and a blonde, female, Caucasian passenger, but then the file gets deleted and a new text message appears from Rebel. The message reads that Rachel has to stop now or he will tell. Rachel deletes that message just before Jason snatches back his phone.
- In chapter 4 of The Agent, Rebel again asks Rachel for help. He messages warning Rachel that a man might give away her secret, then sends an unwrapped ascii photo to her. Later, he messages that she needs to break each line at 60 to view the photo, which is of Eric Doyle.
- In chapter 5 of The Agent, Rebel messages Rachel that she owes him, and that she can repay the debt by freeing Eric Doyle.
- In chapter 8 of The Agent, Rebel messages Anna a huge list of people needing their help and related information, then notifies her that Ellen is in danger but he wants her priority to be helping someone at a nearby circus. Meanwhile, Danko messages Rachel to report immediately to him.
- In chapter 9 of The Agent, Rebel messages Rachel, asking her to help him save a Building 26 prisoner. He tells Rachel it will be dangerous, and that the government is about to learn her secret. Rachel begins thumbing into her phone that it's time for her to cut and run for a while when Rebel sends her another text. Rebel texts that if she helps him, he will tell her the truth about her mother. Rebel also messages Anna about her mission to a circus. He texts that agents are surrounding the place, and that Anna needs to find the man in the black hat. According to Rebel, the man will know what to do. Rebel also texts to Anna that this one is especially important.
- In chapter 10 of The Agent, Rachel texts Rebel accepting the mission to rescue a prisoner from Building 26. Later that night, Danko shows Rachel a video message that Jason left for his sister in case of his death. In the message, Jason instructs his sister to make up a story for their mother as to why he died, and to pass on the message to his superiors so that they can check out Rachel as he thinks she is showing symptoms of a psychological break. Meanwhile, Rebel continues to text Anna instructions on an hourly basis while she and the circus workers hiding in a cellar underneath the circus's lot. Rebel instructs her to remove her cell phone battery so the agents can't trace them. After a few hours, Anna texts Rebel asking where Rachel is, and telling him that she is scared. Rebel tells Anna that Rachel is in a helicopter, to hang on, and to trust him. Anna replies that she does. The next morning, Rebel texts Rachel that something went wrong at the circus and explains that the agents there have taken someone prisoner, but doesn't specify who.
- Hana's self-introduction to Ted via text message also occurs in How Do You Stop an Exploding Man?, Part 1.
Hana messages Noah Dr. Strauss's research data.
Hana introduces herself to Ted via IM.
Hana IMs Mr. Bennet agreeing to help take down the Company.
Hana and Micah text each other about death.
Santiago gets a text message from an unknown party.
Angie also gets a text from Rebel.
- Hana's, evsdropr's, Rebel's, and Pinehearst's/Primatech's Heroes Evolutions text messages to fans of the show participating in the Heroes ARG are not included on this page. See Hana's messages, evsdropr's messages, Rebel's messages, and Pinehearst and Primatech messages, respectively, for those listings.