User:BulldozerBegins/Ferris in Focus: X-Men versus Heroes
|Ferris in Focus: X-Men versus Heroes|
Hosts Nick Dean and Andrika Lyons duke it out
X-Men versus Heroes is the subtitle of a segment called "Versus." In turn, "Versus" is a segment of Ferris in Focus, a weekly magazine-format half-hour show put out by Ferris State University's television department. This segment was created by students in the Advanced Producing and Directing class of spring 2010.
The 2-minute segment features hosts Nick Dean and Andrika Lyons, as they debate which franchise is better than the other. Nick chooses to promote X-Men to the audience, while Andrika, dressed as Sylar, promotes Heroes.
Nick's arguments for X-Men
- Heroes is "a hack of a show."
- X-Men came first.
- X-Men became a motion picture franchise.
- The X-Men are actual superheroes within their framework; the various leads of Heroes only try to be superheroes.
- The plot of Heroes is simpler because everything revolves around Sylar in the end.
- Wolverine has claws; Claire does not.
- Wolverine isn't as suicidal as Claire; meaning that the temporal paradoxes he deals with are not as much like Groundhog Day as Claire's.
- Unlike Claire, Wolverine doesn't have to deal with butterfly effects quite as often.
- My Way Entertainment has never made a Heroes parody.
- X-Men "have no fashion sense," i.e., they wear spandex.
- Heroes is easier to follow.
Andrika's arguments for Heroes
- Heroes doesn't require you to know Norse mythology to understand the plot. Argument accompanied by picture of Thor.
- Heroes has used nearly all the same tropes as X-Men, but in more realistic ways.
- Characters in Heroes are more believable because they refuse to wear spandex. Argument accompanied by a picture of Jean Grey in spandex.
- Heroes is more recent.
- Andrika is dressed in a black jacket and black baseball cap, to look more like Sylar.
- When Andrika stops time to slice Nick's forehead, the sound effect is identical to that used by Hiro on the show.
- Nick's forehead is cut in a manner consistent with one of Sylar's victims. In fact, it resembles Hiro's vision of Jackie Wilcox in Pass/Fail.
Abilities portrayed in the video
- Invisibility (by Nick, via simple dissolve in the Avid timeline)
- Lie detection (by Andrika, via Avid Spectramatte keyframing and Avid Motion Blur)
- Space-time manipulation (by Andrika, via Avid Still Frame)
- Telekinesis (by Andrika,) with hints at intended Brain removal.
- Ferris in Focus: "X-Men versus Heroes" at YouTube
Chiro • Clach • Clacy • Eclaire • Flox • Gabrielle • Hirondo • Hithan • Maphne • Maudrey • Mayinder • MMM • Murtle • Nissica • Noangela • Paire • Pelle • Pemma • Peter vs. Sylar • Petlin • Samgar • Saya • Sydia • Syhindlar • Syko • Sylaire • Syluke • Syro • Sythan • Trathan • Tricah • Troah • Waire
|Stories and Parody|
|Toys and Games|
|See Also: Speculation • Theories|