Jeremy heals Peter's wound.
|Originally held by:||Jeremy Greer|
|Absorbed by:||Peter Petrelli (lost)|
|Ability to:||Heal or kill various forms of life|
Jeremy's ability is the ability to heal or kill various forms of life.
- Jeremy Greer naturally possessed this ability. (Tabula Rasa)
- Peter Petrelli had replicated this ability from Jeremy (Tabula Rasa), but later discarded it in favor of flight (Brother's Keeper)
Jeremy had the "dual ability" to heal and to also take the life out of living things. This seemed to happen whenever he experienced negative emotions, as he said that he was angry when he used his ability to kill his parents. But by thinking positively, he was able to use his ability to heal. (Tabula Rasa) While in anger, Jeremy killed a citizen of his town and Noah tried to get him to reverse it, but instead he chose to let him die. Later, Jeremy had the choice of using his ability to kill Deputy Gil, but didn't as he was finally able to control himself with using this ability. (Strange Attractors)
When he was young, Jeremy developed enough control over his ability to heal insects close to death. The killing aspect of his ability did not develop until he was older. (Tabula Rasa)
Peter initially took this ability in order to heal Hiro of his brain tumor, but Hiro teleported away before he got back and Peter never got the chance. Peter began using this ability to help people in his job as a paramedic. When two trains collided, he healed at least four people of most of their injuries on the way to the hospital (including one man who was paralyzed from at least the waist down indicating a broken back or neck) and one man with serious burns at the hospital. He also is able to control this ability enough that he heals most of the people's injuries to presumably avoid suspicion, targeting only the most serious and life-threatening ones. An example is how he healed a man's paralysis but not an apparently minor head wound he had. However, using this ability so much exhausted him with Peter describing it as the ability draining in and out of him, however he refused to give it up and be ordinary. (Shadowboxing) He later used it to heal Matt Parkman's wounds, but discarded the power in favor of flight from Sylar. (Brother's Keeper)
Jeremy accidentally causes his parent's deaths.
...as well as another injured patient.
Peter touches Matt...
...and his wounds slowly heal.
- When Jeremy was young, The Company held him for study and they incorrectly diagnosed his ability as simply healing touch. Noah revealed that they were wrong and that sometimes abilities that seem to be healing are actually much more and can lead to control over life: the ability to heal living things or kill them.
- For other uses of healing, see healing (disambig).
- For the similar ability to only heal, see Healing touch.
- For the similar ability to take the life force and change age, see age transferal.
- For the similar ability to detect and heal physical, mental, and emotional damage, see health optimizing.