User:Cockney Heroes/Abilities/Enhanced Memory
| This page is a spoiler.|
Enhanced Memory has yet to appear in Cockney Heroes, please proceed with caution.
Charlie helps out with a crossword puzzle.
|Originally held by:||Charlie Andrews (deceased), |
Matt Neuenberg (deceased)
|Absorbed by:||Sylar (lost), |
|Ability to:||Quickly absorb and accurately retain great amounts of information|
Enhanced memory (also known as eidetic memory) is the ability to quickly absorb and accurately retain great amounts of information.
- Charlie Andrews naturally possessed this ability.
- Matt Neuenberg naturally possessed this ability.
- Sylar stole this ability from Charlie, but lost it after being infected by the Shanti virus.
- Gabriel Bishop killed someone to gain this ability.
The limits of what a character with this power may remember are not yet known. To date, all of the examples shown are based on information the user has read; whether other information can be recalled is unknown. However, Charlie did state that she was able to remember things whether she wanted to or not.
Charlie was able to remember everything she read since she first manifested this power. She was also able to comprehend and use the knowledge gained almost immediately.
Charlie has the ability to remember everything that has happened in her entire life. She can memorize books word for word that she read in elementary school. She even remembers the night her parents died in a car crash when she was only six months old. (Saving Charlie)
Sylar was able to read the owner's manual for a tractor-trailer and immediately use that knowledge to drive the vehicle.
According to the testing the Company has done on him, Matt Neuenberg has the capability of remembering great amounts of information. With the aid of a goggle device, Matt is able to store an entire mainframe computer's worth of data and have his brain be a makeshift backup drive. (Hana and Drucker's Plot Discovered)
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
...and later begins to speak some basic Japanese, having only started reading her phrase book one week ago.
(Seven Minutes to Midnight)
"If you really want to test me, you oughta ask if I remember your credit-card numbers."
"Very! Good! Memory!"
"Yeah, I remember lots and lots. It's just something that my brain started doing lately, whether I want it to or not."
"Lately, I've just been able to remember everything."
"You have power, big memory."
- In a blog entry, Hiro described Charlie's power as being "like Wikipedia, Google, my own Jeeves," referring to popular search engines and online encyclopedias.
- Sylar says to Peter, "I remember you." It is unknown whether Sylar was using his newly acquired enhanced memory or if he was simply remembering Peter on his own. (Parasite)
- In an interview, writer R.D. Hall said, "I'd say [Charlie's power] is more just her remembering anything--whatever she reads, whatever she sees. Matt's is all visual...Matt is more like a card reader. You put in an SD card, he'll read it." However, Elle states that Matt is also an audible learner (Hana and Drucker's Plot Discovered).
- For other uses of memory, see memory (disambig).
|V1: Teething Problems|
|V2: Baptism of Fire|
|The Team: Irony • Leckie • Radicell • Danko • Gabriel Bishop • Altes • See Also: Catalyst • Laughingdevilboy|